Transfer from USYD Economics to USYD/UNSW Commerce? (1 Viewer)

yttam

HSC
Hi all, just joined - first year student at USYD, and I'm hating the economics course. Essentially picked it as HSC economics was great. University economics not so much.

So now, I want to transfer to either USYD or UNSW Commerce, BUSS1001 was the only unit this semester I enjoyed, I picked it because I enjoyed Business Studies and it ended up being my highest mark.
So what do I need to do to get across? Has anyone else succeeded? I got an ATAR of 89.70 so I'm just over 5 points off (which isn't terrible if I want to transfer right?) And my grades were:
ECON1001 57
ECMT1010 47
BUSS1001 64
GOVT1101 58

As you can see I've failed a unit, and I've read I need to be maintaining a credit average for a transfer. When I re-do it in summer school, will my new mark replace my old and lift my average? Or will the new one just be added, so I'll have 9 contributing unit scores to my average after year 1?
I've even picked film studies to try boosting my average.

Thanks!

stgeorge2

HSC
Don't lost hope bro, there are still chances if you work harder. At least from what I know, UNSW requires distinction average to secure a successful offer. I would recommend you to talk to authorities from the faculty to get more reliable information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)