transfer help need it now (1 Viewer)

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
i need a clear and percise answer to this question. is it possible to transfer to another uni, during the semester break. for example, i go to acu is it possible to transfer to unsw???? is it, i wanna know so i can plan and organise my options in the future...

who do i contact, what do i say and when is it due...
i wanna go nsw... can someone help me

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
YES, you can transfer to a different uni after first semester. You do this through UAC and you need to make sure that the course you want is open for mid-year intake, which you can do at http://www.uac.edu.au/mya/course_search/search.html. Admissions close on the 3rd of June and there is a $35 fee for the application. It's basically the same as the way you would have applied to UAC in Year 12. The criteria for acceptance is probably different from uni to uni but for my transfer (Wollongong to UWS) they'll go off a combination of my UAI and my average for the first semester. I was told that a credit average and a solid UAI would be advantageous, but that probably depends on the cut off of the course you want to transfer to. There may also be other criteria such as employment and the STAT test amongst other things. Remember that the cut-offs will be higher as there are less places on offer.

Hope this helps.

M_86

HSC
I think that you arnt completely right but in fear of also telling you the wrong think read the stickys.
They have all othe info that you seem to need.
I think your transfer would be based soley on your UAI.
Bank on needing to have a UAI a few points higher than the published cut offs for UAI.

klh

HSC
i think he/she meant that unsw will only take into account tertiary study after 1 full time year's worth of study. so if you do less than 1 yrs worth of uni, only uai is considered for the transfer.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
notnownotever said:
i need a clear and percise answer to this question. is it possible to transfer to another uni, during the semester break. for example, i go to acu is it possible to transfer to unsw???? is it, i wanna know so i can plan and organise my options in the future...

who do i contact, what do i say and when is it due...
i wanna go nsw... can someone help me
first of all, does any course matter?

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I'm at UWS now and intend on trying to transfer to UTS. But for the course i want to transfer to, B Business, i need to have completed at least 1 year full time study.

So I'm going to try at the end of the year to transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)