Transfer help (1 Viewer)

trololo

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm still doing my HSC and I really want to go to Macquarie and do B Law/B Commerce but I have a few questions:

1. Is there high competition for the B Law B Commerce degree?
2. Law is a new course for 2014, what you do you guys think the ATAR cut off will be?
3. Say if don't get B Laws or B Laws/B Commerce. Would be easy to transfer from B Commerce to B Law/B Commerce or B Law?

Any other advice would be appreciated too!

Thanks.

will90211

HSC
1. No idea, but I do know that despite what people say as Mac Uni being 'second rate' re: Law and Business that Law at Mac Uni is especially hard in Year 1 Session 2. I have a fourth year Law friend who says that, as usual, the fight to get intern-ships is savage.
2. Most likely high 90's.
3. Best thing about Mac Uni: Transfer are far less complicated than Usyd (which is known for the tough transfers process)

Hope this helped. Best of luck with the HSC.

crazy_paki123

HSC
1. Well since most of the people doing that degree got around 95+ Atar id think id be pretty competitive.
2.Probs around the same as Comm/Law
3. I think if u have a Distinction average you should be able to transfer into any of those degrees

trololo

HSC
Cool thanks. How you enjoying your Commerce degree at Macquarie?

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
it's macquarie, the atar requirement's gonna be shit low guessing around 97

crazy_paki123

HSC
Commerce at Macquarie is pretty good. Ive actually made quite a few close friends here already. If i have any complaints, its the travel. Lecturers ive had are as youd expect really, except 2, one was pretty negative all the time and unispiring and the other was brilliant, down to earth always willing to talk with students. During the year i was fully focused on getting a D average and move to UNSW on a credit transfer but now im not so sure lol

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
3. I think if u have a Distinction average you should be able to transfer into any of those degrees
My girlfriend actually transferred into Macquarie Law with a credit average.

But yeah, aim for a distinction average just to be safe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)