Transfer Q's (1 Viewer)

evil99

HSC
one question!

hey guys, I have got a UAI of only 67.6, but if i got 4.63 GPA (include one fail unit), will i be able to transfer into a relatively low course in unsw or usyd after my 1st year?

saves.the.day

HSC
evil99 said:
hey guys, I have got a UAI of only 67.6, but if i got 4.63 GPA (include one fail unit), will i be able to transfer into a relatively low course in unsw or usyd after my 1st year?
I am just assuming that you've factored that fail unit into your GPA? If you didnt do that already.. just tell me how many units of credit that subject was worth and I can re-calculate it for you.

4.63 GPA coupled with a UAI of 67.6 then that gives you a tertiary rank of 76.3. Use this as your UAI to determine what courses you can get into.

evil99

HSC
saves.the.day said:
I am just assuming that you've factored that fail unit into your GPA? If you didnt do that already.. just tell me how many units of credit that subject was worth and I can re-calculate it for you.

4.63 GPA coupled with a UAI of 67.6 then that gives you a tertiary rank of 76.3. Use this as your UAI to determine what courses you can get into.
saves.the.day said:

Yes, I 've factored that fail unit into my GPA, 4.6 is the correct GPA, can you re-calcultate (check) it for me? Because I find out my ultimate tertiary rank of (87+67.6)/2=77.3, do you think I'll be able to transfer into a relative low course in UNSW or USYD after my 1st year study?

saves.the.day

HSC
evil99 said:
Yes, I 've factored that fail unit into my GPA, 4.6 is the correct GPA, can you re-calcultate (check) it for me? Because I find out my ultimate tertiary rank of (87+67.6)/2=77.3, do you think I'll be able to transfer into a relative low course in UNSW or USYD after my 1st year study?
I'm sorry i forgot to factor in you've finished your 1st year of study. Your calculation is correct.

You can transfer to UNSW or USYD with cutoffs below 77.3 (your tertiary mark) but please dont use my advice as the final advice. Always make sure you phone up the institution and ask them for final advice. Just pretend your UAI now is 77.3. But the question I have is: have you subbmited your application to UAC?

I only ask that as I have a friend in uMA didnt know you had to go through UAC and thought you had to submit forms or something. I'm quite certain the deadline has past for this year. I may be wrong though as I haven't checked.

Last edited:

evil99

HSC
saves.the.day said:
I'm sorry i forgot to factor in you've finished your 1st year of study. Your calculation is correct.

You can transfer to UNSW or USYD with cutoffs below 77.3 (your tertiary mark) but please dont use my advice as the final advice. Always make sure you phone up the institution and ask them for final advice. Just pretend your UAI now is 77.3. But the question I have is: have you subbmited your application to UAC?

I only ask that as I have a friend in uMA didnt know you had to go through UAC and thought you had to submit forms or something. I'm quite certain the deadline has past for this year. I may be wrong though as I haven't checked.
Thanks a lot! Anyway, I have submitted my form on time, do you think the selection rank guide provided by the forum applies to all the institutions or SCU alone?

Last edited:

saves.the.day

HSC
It applies to most universities (uMaq and UWS have a different system with internal transfers). I know it applies to UNSW as I have phoned up and asked during mid year transfer time but I didnt go through with any transfers i.e. they told me to take my uai and add the FTE of my GPA and divide by 2 to get a tertiary rank which is pretty much like a "new" UAI if that makes it better to comprehend.

As I have already said though. If you want to know for sure, just phone the universities. They are always very helpful, frienldy and willing to give any advice. The reason we just use the SCU pdf is because no other uni really has the info in print.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I've been reading this thread and I'm not liking my chances of getting a transfer at all. Just to clarify though. With a uai of 85.45, is it pretty much impossible to get into a course with a cutoff of 98 regardless of my GPA?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Basically...unless your course's admissions policy states that they take the higher of UAI or GPA (as is the case with Commerce @ UNSW)

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i think i might fail one subject for withdrawing too late...but i want to transfer to another degree mid-year at the same university (unsw kensington to unsw cofa). will my fail be taken into account ?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
thejosiekiller: depends, different uni's have different criteria for postgrad. but generally they should only require a bachelor degree (and some might require a credit average etc)

babez_hamp: No, most likely not, since your UAI is only taken into account for mid year transfers.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Hi, if I had a UAI of 78.05 and what GPA would I need to transfer to:

(1) UTS City Campus B. Nursing, UAI ~ 83

(2) UTS Kuring-Gai B. Nursing, UAI ~ 76

Thanks in advance!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
White Rabbit said:
Hi, if I had a UAI of 78.05 and what GPA would I need to transfer to:

(1) UTS City Campus B. Nursing, UAI ~ 83

(2) UTS Kuring-Gai B. Nursing, UAI ~ 76

Thanks in advance!
ummm, hard to say... (Frigid is not the uni-transfer equivalent of SAM)..

you need to find someone who transferred into those courses, and asked them what GPA they got.

but, having said that, there's no reason why you can't get in with, say, a GPA of 6 (D-average).

sarevok

HSC
I'm doing B. Commerce at Usyd and now that I've decided on an accounting major I think I will try and transfer to UNSW Commerce at the end of the year as it's meant to be the best for accounting. My UAI was 97.8, I believe the cut-off for UNSW Commerce was 95, can any one give me a rough estimate of what grades I should be aiming for? Thanks.

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Credit average should see you through, on past trends - however, its been noted that UNSW commerce takes the higher of UAI and 1st year results (someone here asked the faculty on their entry requirements).

ace

is retired
HSC
Minai said:
Credit average should see you through, on past trends - however, its been noted that UNSW commerce takes the higher of UAI and 1st year results (someone here asked the faculty on their entry requirements).
I can confirm what Minai said, they take (commerce faculty anyways) the higher of either the GPA or your UAI. I e-mailed the admissions officer some time earlier in the year about this, so yeah all cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)