transfer second year into Law from law at another uni (1 Viewer)

kayla220

HSC
Hi
guys I am new here so sorry If I am posting in the wrong section.
Okay so In 2010 I completed my HSC and obtained a poor atar of only 70 anyhow I was given principals rec and was accepted to study a Bachelor of criminology/ Bachelor of law at uni ( cut of was 85ish). I have now completed 1 semester with a GPA of 5 and am about to complete my second semester and will probably be able to maintain or improve my GPA.
I really want to transfer to a law course at macquarie as a a second year student next year and want to know if I even have a change with my marks. Also If i get an GPA of 6 will this improve my chances or is it still not possible because of my low atar.
also i guess I should state how I got the 5 , well i got one HD, two P and one c
thanks for any advice

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Hi
guys I am new here so sorry If I am posting in the wrong section.
Okay so In 2010 I completed my HSC and obtained a poor atar of only 70 anyhow I was given principals rec and was accepted to study a Bachelor of criminology/ Bachelor of law at uni ( cut of was 85ish). I have now completed 1 semester with a GPA of 5 and am about to complete my second semester and will probably be able to maintain or improve my GPA.
I really want to transfer to a law course at macquarie as a a second year student next year and want to know if I even have a change with my marks. Also If i get an GPA of 6 will this improve my chances or is it still not possible because of my low atar.
also i guess I should state how I got the 5 , well i got one HD, two P and one c
thanks for any advice
Technically, the Macquarie Law School belongs to the Faculty of Arts - so yes this thread should be moved.

It is probably best to contact Macquarie Law School directly to see if they can help with you enquiry: http://www.law.mq.edu.au/contact_us/

This topic has been discussed in several threads before on BoS.

What program did you want to transfer into at Macquarie?

kayla220

HSC
i wanted to transfer in arts/law or another combined law
i am currently doing crim/law
but not at mac

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Your ATAR doesn't mean shit anymore, so you don't have to worry about that. Your entry will depend on your marks/GPA from your current Uni. If I recall a 2.5 GPA is required for transfer of degrees (and as you mentioned you have a 5 GPA so I assume you are from UWS?) and you should be fine.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah rofl, an external transfer still requires ATAR, its importance becomes less with time spent at uni though

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
It depends on the university, however I know that MQ does look at a combination of GPA and ATAR. There is more emphasis on your GPA though.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
But once you have a qualification like a Diploma or Advanced Diploma, they wouldn't consider your ATAR anymore would they?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It depends on the university, however I know that MQ does look at a combination of GPA and ATAR. There is more emphasis on your GPA though.
Pretty much if it goes through UAC, it'll be a combination of UAI/ATAR and WAM, I think someone posted a pdf of it ages ago, other entry requirements use different methods/exam results (ie, STAT) but from what I understand the ATAR matters with UAC in conjunction with something else (WAM/Interview/Other results/qualifications).

kayla220

HSC
hey
I actually do not go uws i go to une ?
so are you saying i have no chance ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)