• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transfer to BIT (2 Viewers)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
after you hear the BITs complain how crap work is, you won't want to transfer
the money isn't worth it.
but BIT is quite similar to BscIT?

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
lil_ star

you can always try to transfer... theres no harm with doing it... but yeahh make sure that you dont put your heart into it... cause i can pretty much tell you now... that they wont take any internal transfer for bits...

and with BITs.. doesnt really matter wat uai u got... cause they've rejected people with 99 UAI or watever.... and they have also accepted someone with 86 last year....

however, your cause is pretty good... as it is....

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Thanks kathleen.....id see....when i start uni....there wud be pros and cons about BIT....id research if transfers were possible....
Im cool with my degree thats what i wanted to do for more than a year...so i had my heart on bscit for like forever....so id go with it...and if id get an opportunity i wont reject it...i also know i cud get a job regardless of the fact that im on scholarship or not.
Thanks again! :)

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
Hahaha lucky you!

I'm having trouble finding a job!

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
mmm did u do BscIT?? but hey i have 4 years to graduate! so i hope conditions are different then!

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
I'm hoping for it to pick up next year.... when i graduate....

jayz

walking
Originally posted by Kathleen
Hahaha lucky you!

I'm having trouble finding a job!
just on the matter of jobs, is it possible for a first yr IT student to attain a reasonable employment position through the employment service offered at the campus?

thz

xarg

BUBZ :D
HSC
Couldn't be bothered reading the whole thread.
If someone drops out of BIT then they look around for someone else. If you did well enough in the interview to almost make it in, and you get really good marks in first semester/first year, you have a chance. Assuming someone drops out, of course.

xarg

HSC
Originally posted by jayz
just on the matter of jobs, is it possible for a first yr IT student to attain a reasonable employment position through the employment service offered at the campus?

thz
Depends on how good your resume and etc is. if you're talking about your industrial year, it's 3rd year, and while there are plenty of jobs on the UTS site you're better off applying for them AND looking for a job on your own too. Both work if you put in the time and effort. Which I didn't.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
yes id work...!!...in IT as well hopefully b4 i get to 3rd year!

xarg

HSC
Oh and unless you're really stupid and have to spend all your time studying, you can easily have a part time job while doing bscit .. in fact you could probably manage a full-time one and just not go to your classes.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
lolz......hey id of course study!! but i want something besides the study...like IT job which gives me experience!

Edit: im aiming for at least a D average!

Last edited:

xarg

HSC
You missed my point .. you shouldn't need to study too much in BScIT. Which means you can spend your time either working or getting drunk.

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
getting drunk? lol yeah first year was a blast

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
studies are my 1st priority! so yeah then id see how much time i cud spend working...not more than 10 hours tho...

is it like still possible to get an IT job even when ur in 1st year?

Kathleen

fatmuscle SUX
HSC
Hmm... you dont really want to get an IT job in your first year.. that would be sooo boring!

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
na actually i want as much experience as i cud b4 i graduate...and the question of it boring...i always wanted a part time IT job even before i finished HSC.....i think starting/finishing 1st year uni will give me an edge....due to the CISCO networking subjects! id prefer working in IT over working in target or anywhere else! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)