Transfer to Law - 2nd Year (1 Viewer)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Commerce Transfer to Law - 2nd Year

Hey guys!

I was wondering, does anyone know if the guaranteed transfer to law in the second year (provided you get 97+ UAI and Credit Average - i think) applies to degrees such as Commerce (International) and Commerce (Liberal Studies) or just Commerce by itself.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also I posted this in the wrong forum, so if one of the mods could move it to the Law Forum.

Last edited:

runnable

HSC
Re: Commerce Transfer to Law - 2nd Year

Is there such thing as guaranteed transfer? I think you have to compete for it.

From UNSW Law.

Applicants are assessed on the basis of 50% UAI (or equivalent) and 50% tertiary grades. As a guide a UAI score of 97 and a credit to distinction average in the first year of tertiary study will generally be competitive.

P.S I think the transfer applies to every course, just that you may not be able to transfer all your credits. But considering its only first year, I think it shouldn't be too big an issue. Especially if you are transferring to Comm/Law.

Last edited:

TehAzner

HSC
N/A

Hey guys!

I was wondering, does anyone know if the guaranteed transfer to law in the second year (provided you get 97+ UAI and Credit Average - i think) applies to degrees such as Commerce (International) and Commerce (Liberal Studies) or just Commerce by itself.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also I posted this in the wrong forum, so if one of the mods could move it to the Law Forum.
Depends on year to year and how many people are trying to transfer. You might want to browse the UNSW Law Forum for more threads about this (past experiences and etc). I would move this thread but I don't have the power to do so lol.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC

Funny enough, the letter the sent me says it's "guaranteed" transfer, if you can achieve the said marks. But dunno about commerce.

loz1

HSC
does this also apply for ANU/griffith/newcastle/wollongong?
i'm worried i won't be able to get low to mid 90's and only get in the 80's range but if i apply for first year commerce and get good marks can i then transfer over relatively easily, internally?

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Since this is a UNSW forum, most of us are UNSW students, so we don't know.

I always find it strange how people think that they are suddenly going to do so much better at uni when they couldn't make the cut off in the HSC - especially given the amount of spoon feeding that goes on high school vis-a-vis university.

runnable

HSC
The thing is that internal transfers are easier than getting the 99.4 UAI to get into say Law straight from high school. I would think a high CR or D average is much more achievable for most people.

loz1

HSC
I believe it would be much more achievable too runnable, expecially considering i'm from a small country town where nothing is 'spoon-fed' to us.
But thanks for that

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)