• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

transfer to law (1 Viewer)

kida rhan

HSC
hey,

I'm a First year student at USYD studyin Architecture and i want to transfer to B Laws/ B Comm(Writing and Cultural stud.) at UTS [which has an ATAR=98.20]

My UAI converts to an ATAR=97.45 and i think my gpa will be mid-high credit...is this enough to get me in? or will my gpa need to be much higher?

thanking any1 who replies in advance [any advice is appreciated],
K

Andi0390

HSC
Did you read the stickies? I understand that you are new and all, but generally one of the stickies (its called 'On the Topic of University Transfers...) can answer these sorts of questions. The stickies are there for a reason.

When you say mid-high credit what do you mean? Do you mean a mixture of credits and distinctions or credits that have a higher numerical number? If you mean the latter that doesn't matter, a credit is just counted as a credit for entrance purposes. If thats what you have then no, I don't think you will get in - your GPA is pulling your UAI down.

kida rhan

HSC
Yeh ive read all the stickies relating to law transfers infact and ive been reading them since the start of the year. Just wanted some feedback from people who've transfered to law, thats all.

By 'mid-high' cred. i meant a comb. of cred's and dist. [aka. i have majority cred with a few dist's]

Question still stands and can individuals who've succesfully transferred to law please provide some advice?[ie. what gpa u guys had] think that would b heaps more relevant and helpful.

Also, is it true [for law trans.] that UTS accpets a cred avg. gpa if you have a uai over 97?

thnks.

Last edited:

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
probably best to call the faculty directly to get a definitive answer.

angryjam

HSC
haha rdx!
i remember u from last yr on this forum! maybe to do with methods? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)