transfering degrees after session 3, possible? (1 Viewer)

matt88m

HSC
N/A
Hey long story short,

I am currently enrolled in bachelor of economics, but looking to switch to teaching.
The cut-off GPA to transfer to the bachelor of arts/bachelor of education (secondary) was 2, but my GPA was 1.944 (pretty bad I know).
I did a summer course and now by GPA is 2, but obviously too late to transfer degrees now. I have asked the teaching department for exemptions into some subjects this year and then officially transfer across at the next chance but they have said no..
I can still do a few educ subjects this year but this will mean finishing at the end of 2016 instead of 2015 now.

Does anyone know if there are any avenues I have for transferring degrees now before semester starts, even though its after the cut off date?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You don't need to be in the degree to do the subjects in them (as long as you satisfy the pre-reqs). So what I would suggest would be first download the guide you need for your methodology of teaching (you don't mention whether you're looking to do primary or secondary). See what subjects are needed to complete the course and then see which ones you can do. When you transfer, those units will be counted and you won't miss a step so should be ok?

Also, I don't mean to sound condescending but can I ask why you are thinking of switching?

http://www.educ.mq.edu.au/home/

matt88m

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the reply. Looking to teach economics/business studies so secondary teaching. Already know I can start doing some of the teaching subjects, but there are a few subjects you would ideally do in the first year of the 2 year teaching program but have pre-reqs of being enrolled officially in the program, for example EDTE302 and TEP 387. Its pretty unfair imo they won't grant me exemptions into a few subjects that require being enrolled into the bach of education, as I currently have the required GPA to transfer into it but its past the transfer period now... Means finishing in 2.5/3 years instead of 2 now.

I only have 1 more subject to complete to finish my eco degree also (which runs in second sem) but I think it'll will be a lot easier If i just transfer to the bach of arts/bach of education secondary at the end of the year, instead of applying thru UAC to get entry into the program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)