Transferring courses ASAP (1 Viewer)

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Heya,
I'm considering changing my course from B Commerce to something that I know the UAI requirements are a lot lower (B Science/B Education majoring in maths). What would the process be to transfer?

Surely this isn't one of those occasions where to transfer to a course I'd need a D average, considering my UAI was 96 and the cutoff is about 80?

Also, if I were to transfer could I start in semester 2 or would I have to wait until semester 1 2006 to begin?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Is it possible to do B Science (Advanced Science)/B Education and still have the same qualifications as a secondary teacher at the end of the degree?

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
BillyMak said:
Surely this isn't one of those occasions where to transfer to a course I'd need a D average, considering my UAI was 96 and the cutoff is about 80?
You don't need a D average because your UAI was high enough to gain entry to B Sc/B Education.

BillyMak said:
Also, if I were to transfer could I start in semester 2 or would I have to wait until semester 1 2006 to begin?
You can start in S2. There are some courses you can take which does not have S1 prerequisites. In maths, I'm sure you can take many second year subjects assumming you did MATH1131 and 1231 or higher in commerce.

BillyMak said:
Edit: Is it possible to do B Science (Advanced Science)/B Education and still have the same qualifications as a secondary teacher at the end of the degree?
B Sc and B Science (Advance) is almost identical. the only difference is you also do Honours in your science degree. In this case, you would have to do extra year on top of your combined degree. If you don't want that, it's really the same; on your testmur, advanced science and science both appears as B Science (Major). (Honour Class if honour is completed).

I hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)