• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Transferring degrees at same university. (1 Viewer)

Morbo

HSC
If I transfer degrees at the same university, do the failed subjects from the previous incomplete degree appear on your testamur at the end of your course even if those subjects have nothing to do with your new degree? I've read that they do appear on your testamur but will they have any affect on (will they be considered in the calculation of) your WAM or GPA for the new degree. Because I'm at UTS looking to transfer from Engineering to Science and want to know whether my failed Engineering subjects will affect my WAM or GPA for science because I'm looking to do honours hopefully at the end of the science degree.

hotdimsim

HSC
your marks from eng wont disappear. in fact your gpa will most likely be calculated from the old marks as well. however, if your science marks are good enough then there shouldnt be a problem getting honours

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Failed units appear on your transcript however they are not counted in your WAM/GPA/Unit count as you have failed the unit.

Morbo

HSC
Thanks all. I sent a request at the Helpdesk and they replied with the following:
[FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']
Comment by Analyst: Hi,

Your testamur will show only your name and your degree.
However, those failed subjects will be shown in your academic transcripts. UTS academic transcript will show everything that you did in UTS.
They will not have any affect on your GPA for the new degree.

Regards,
UTS Student Center[/FONT]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)