Transferring from another degree to uws medicine? (1 Viewer)

JBee

HSC
Was just wondering if it's possible to transfer to uws medicine after a year of another degree at a different uni? What do they use (i.e. umat and gpa?)
Thanks! :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Was just wondering if it's possible to transfer to uws medicine after a year of another degree at a different uni? What do they use (i.e. umat and gpa?)
Thanks! :)
Many people do this
They use either ATAR or GPA (the better of the two) then they look at your UMAT, then you get an interview, and a place is granted based off your interview performance.

Bryankins

HSC
Many people do this
They use either ATAR or GPA (the better of the two) then they look at your UMAT, then you get an interview, and a place is granted based off your interview performance.

Hi!

I'm looking to do med at UWS, however I'm interested in studying a science degree first and try transfer after my first year.
Is there a difference between between B Sci and B Sci (Avd) same goes for B Med Sci.
By just studying B Sci (not advanced) can I still be able to transfer into Med after the first year?

Thank you in advanced! :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi!

I'm looking to do med at UWS, however I'm interested in studying a science degree first and try transfer after my first year.
Is there a difference between between B Sci and B Sci (Avd) same goes for B Med Sci.
By just studying B Sci (not advanced) can I still be able to transfer into Med after the first year?

Thank you in advance! :)
Depending on what uni you go to there will or won't be much difference in the first year of study
BUT
You can get into med from any degree.
My friend did BA(Theological Studies) or something similar and used her marks in that to get into med.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)