Transferring from commerce/arts to commerce/law (1 Viewer)

narrysaussie

HSC
Hey guys,
I just received my atar (98.25) which is not enough to get into law at usyd or unsw. I was wondering, if i did something like commerce/arts in my first year and tried to internally transfer to commerce/law in my second year at either unsw or usyd, is that possible? Or do you have to do a single degree like just commerce in your first year to transfer into commerce/law?
I just wanted to do commerce/arts in case i fail to transfer, at least i wont only have a commerce degree so I can increase my employability and also I really enjoy social science. Although I'm not sure if combining commerce with an arts degree is really that helpful in terms of increasing my employability?
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks so much.

Alkanes

HSC
If that is the case. Take either all commerce electives OR arts electives (not both) during your first semester/year of university and try to do well in order to transfer into comm/law or arts/law. Units you took during first year will be credited towards the combined law degree (assuming you're successful).

narrysaussie

HSC
If that is the case. Take either all commerce electives OR arts electives (not both) during your first semester/year of university and try to do well in order to transfer into comm/law or arts/law. Units you took during first year will be credited towards the combined law degree (assuming you're successful).
thank you. Do you know if it is considered hard to transfer into law? And also the usefulness of combining commerce with arts?

Alkanes

HSC
There's already a thread about transferring into law somewhere on here. But that being said, it is obviously competitive - UNSW has 100 guaranteed spots for internal transfers per year and are assessed purely based on your WAM. So the higher your marks the more chance you have of securing a spot.

In terms of usefulness (or employability) a double degree does look a tad better than a single degree and is something you can use to fall back on in case you don't get into law - like you said.

narrysaussie

HSC
There's already a thread about transferring into law somewhere on here. But that being said, it is obviously competitive - UNSW has 100 guaranteed spots for internal transfers per year and are assessed purely based on your WAM. So the higher your marks the more chance you have of securing a spot.

In terms of usefulness (or employability) a double degree does look a tad better than a single degree and is something you can use to fall back on in case you don't get into law - like you said.
thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)