• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

transferring from usyd... (1 Viewer)

andy11

HSC
Hi im applying to transfer to UTS from usyd. I have finished my first year and am curious to find out what subjects I will be exempt from at UTS as I really don't want to do first year again. I have already completed the following subjects:

differential calculus
integral calculus
statistics
linear algebra
statics
engineering geology
professional engineering
introduction to engineering concepts
engineering computing (matlab)
physics

thanks in advance

Danzboy

HSC
Hi im applying to transfer to UTS from usyd. I have finished my first year and am curious to find out what subjects I will be exempt from at UTS as I really don't want to do first year again. I have already completed the following subjects:

differential calculus
integral calculus
statistics
linear algebra
statics
engineering geology
professional engineering
introduction to engineering concepts
engineering computing (matlab)
physics

thanks in advance
Best move youll ever make ;)

You should be exempt from both math subjects we have, aswell as physical modelling. Statics is gone for you as you have already done it and most likley intro to civil eng.

no garuntee though. I was exempt from all maths and physics. but my mates werent hahaha. So you never know.

best of luck mate ;)

witide

HSC
I'm also transferring to uts from usyd. Reckon I'll be exempt from maths if I passed linear and failed differential? haha

micuzzo

HSC
Best move youll ever make ;)

You should be exempt from both math subjects we have, aswell as physical modelling. Statics is gone for you as you have already done it and most likley intro to civil eng.

no garuntee though. I was exempt from all maths and physics. but my mates werent hahaha. So you never know.

best of luck mate ;)
y is that? usyd cant b that bad

donnytuco

tuco
HSC
The stuff they teach you in USYD isn't very practical, it's based on a lot of abstract theory.

UNSW is definitely better, but I've found that UTS is the best for practicality's sake.

How do I know? I've compared exam papers on similar subjects and I've talked to people who've done the subjects.

andy11

HSC
donnytuco,
while we are on the subject of transferring uni's, would you by any chance know what subjects I'll be exempt from at UNSW? or anybody...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)