Transferring into a program I was originally accepted into. (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Hi everyone,

I was initially accepted into the B. Commerce/B. Economics program at UNSW back in 2009 (Looking at these 2011 HSC threads makes me feel old lol). As a current second year student going into his third year, I've realised that 3 years is way too short to be graduating from University, and to further improve my qualifications, I feel like doing a double degree that'll extend my time at University.

Instead of applying for a credit transfer, I applied through UAC as my course faculty stated that my WAM was 'just' below the cut off mark to transfer.

Now my question is: What is the likelihood to transfer back into a program I was originally accepted for, within the same University? Has anyone had a similar experience by any chance? Apparently I can receive credit for some subjects? Does UAC consider my WAM as well as my ATAR?

It's exactly the same course code (424000) that I originally applied for:

424000: B Commerce, B Com/B Economics, B Com/B Science, B Com/B Arts, B Com/B Eng (Materials Sc&Eng), B Com/B Information Systems - full or part time at UNSW
The combined BCom BA program can now be completed in 4 years of full-time study.
In other words, being accepted into that course code gave me a variety of options as above, and now I regret choosing a plain Commerce degree, instead of Commerce/Economics.

All advice is sincerely appreciated. It's good to be back on BOS.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
afaik you need 75 wam to transfer into com eco, regardless of what degree you are currently enrolled in

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
afaik you need 75 wam to transfer into com eco, regardless of what degree you are currently enrolled in
I'm pretty sure that the requirement is 65 WAM (based on the staffs advice given to me at the Australian School of Business when I visited them). Plus, they do take your degree into consideration, especially if you're enrolled in exactly the same course code - which is why the cut off is lower relative to a transfer from say, Optometry to Commerce which requires 75 WAM. It's similar to Commerce (Liberal Studies) as well, as well as Commerce/Science, Commerce/Arts etc.

More thoughts are appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)