Transferring Out (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
So, I'm transferring out next semester. Which means I need to discontinue my enrolment.
I'm not entirely sure how to go about this.

If you are enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place, your enrolment will be cancelled or discontinued if you do not meet the Commonwealth support requirements by the census date for the teaching session you are enrolled in.
It says that one of the ways in which your enrolment is automatically discontinued is if you fail to enrol in any units for a session.

HOWEVER, there's also the Resignation form
(http://pubsites.uws.edu.au/student/forms/OAR00054_0807_Resignation_WEB.pdf)

Do I have to fill out the resignation form as well, even though there's no mention of it on the original discontinuation page? And do they have resignation forms at the student centres?

Lara1986

HSC
You should speak to the student centre - the information available is a little bit unhelpful as far as these things go. Not surprising really that info isn't as forthcoming for wanting leave, as it is for wanting to enrol lol :)

If you speak to someone at the student centre, at least if something stuffs up they'll be more understanding than if you figured it out yourself and something stuffed up.

Where you headed off to, if you don't mind me asking?

Snooty

HSC
When I transferred out, I basically just signed that resignation form and handed it in to the student centre. They took my student card off me at that time. Although, you could probably just not enrol in anything and be fine.

Also - Yeah, they have the forms at the student centre. They did at Parramatta atleast.

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Transferring to Notre Dame University.
Swapping from the BBC/Law to Arts (Politics)/Law.
It's more convenient in terms of travel, and the fact that it's a lot smaller really appeals to me.

And thanks, guys, I'll not enrol in any subjects for the session, and head into a student centre some time within the first few weeks of semester and put in a resignation form (so that I can get my new transport concession before returning my UWS one, lol).

Lara1986

HSC
Good to hear you're happy with your decision.

A lot of people after they transfer aren't happy cause they transfer for the wrong reasons (i.e. 'i don't like the UWS stigma').

A girl i used to work with went to Notre Dame and the convenience factor certainly sounds good about the uni.

Will be interesting to hear some feedback once you've been there for a bit as I know its a uni that not many consider as it isn't as well known.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)