Transferring schools at this time of the year? (1 Viewer)

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Hi,

I might end up sounding like a n00b by asking this but ...

I am currently quite unhappy with my present school. I'm in Year 11 at a, shall we say, less than ideal public co-ed school in south Sydney. What I would really love to do is do the remainder of Year 11 and Year 12 at the Conservatorium High School. I've looked at the information on their website regarding enrolment and all those things, but I'm still unsure whether they would even accept my application for enrolment, seeing as it will be Term 2 when I can get around to actually applying. I am well aware of the requirements and standard that is needed to get into the Con High, so don't start going on about that.

I don't know who can help me with this. I don't want to wait too long before lodging my application as I know their auditions are held in July.

Please help I am a ball of confusion and lostness. Thanks in advance.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
mmmm, i guess it isn't too late to change schools, because you'd rather have a better education throughout ur 1 and a half year course and missing out on some info in term 1 of prelim, rather than going to a non-so ideal school for 2 years and ending up with a not-so high uai and then questioning yourself why you didnt' change schools when you had the opportunity to.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
If you think that it's necessary for you to change school, then by all means, do so. Have you contacted the school yet? Maybe ring them up and ask about tranferring now? Better doing it now than thinking about transferring in the middle of next year, you know :p

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
airie said:
Have you contacted the school yet? Maybe ring them up and ask about tranferring now? Better doing it now than thinking about transferring in the middle of next year, you know :p
It wasn't until around late Term 1 that I really decided to put my ideas into action i.e. transfer to the Conservatorium. Since we are currently on school holidays, I can't contact the school so I will have to wait until the first day back. Hopefully it won't be too late.... because I know some schools only accept enrolments in Year 7 and the beginning (I think?) of Year 11.

philzy

HSC
hey basketcase,

im in yr 10 and im also thinking of leaving the school i attend nxt year for the hsc.
the school i attend which is called picnic point high school, has the worst teachers and they dont really care about their students and are just there for the money.
anyways, im thinkin of attending a well established catholic school in the inner west.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Thank you!
I am getting worried because on their website it says you can only apply for entry from Year 7-11. I assume they mean you have to apply in Year 10, for entry into Year 11 the following year.... which obviously is not my current situation. :(
Do you think an appeal might be able to rectify this somewhat?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)