• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transferring to another university and then transferring back (1 Viewer)

pointepink

HSC
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you can transfer back to your old university if you enrol in another one but are not happy with it? I guess what I'm really asking is does anyone know if there is a period of grace in which you can "trial" your new uni?

Thanks

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
If your old uni does mid-year entrance then you could always re-apply the following semester. But if you think that you're going to know whether you like your new uni or not within the first few days, then, you could always stay enrolled in your old uni, and go back, withdrawing from your new one. You would've only missed a couple of classes. I don't think there's a grace period though.

pointepink

HSC
So are you saying that I would re-enrol at my old uni and enrol at my new uni if I got an offer. How does that work with HECS? Am I legally considered doing two degrees then? Thanks for replying!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Does the government let you be enrolled at two uni's at the same time? I wouldn't expect that they would...

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
It takes a while for government paperwork to go through. I did it a little while ago when I transferred, no problems at all. But you gotta make your mind up quick, I wouldn't push it.

pointepink

HSC
Sorry guys,

I haven't been on bored of studies for a while and since I got an answer from Macquarie Undergraduate Enguiries I didn't bother to check back. Basically, the person there said what Dingo2004 said: You have until the census date to withdraw from one of the universities. I also asked if I could suspend my degree for a semester while studying at the other university but was told that you cannot keep your place at one university if you have already attended another. If you want to transfer back to your original university at the end of the year/semester you must go through UAC again.

As for the unis involved, they are Sydney and Macquarie.
Thanks for your help!

HSC
heya!

I accepted my transfer to USYD but I'm still enrolled at MACQ becuase i did summer school and I'm just awaiting my results.. and yeah thats exactly what student exquires at macquarie told me.. I'm currently enrolled in the uni's at the moment but as soon as I get my summer school results.. I'll transfer out of MACQ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)