• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transferring to Wollongong (1 Viewer)

Arkhon

Hi
Was just wondering if anyone knew if there is anyway to transfer to UOW mid-semester.
I'm currently doing a Bachelor or Computer Science and Tech. at University of Sydney and have basically realised that their IT dept, well, sucks.
Is there anyway I can transfer to Wollongong? I have the UAI necessary for the Bach of Comp Sci. and even got early entry there...not that it really matters.
I know I'd be about 3 weeks behind, but I think it would be worth the major effort to catch up because I feel I'd get a much better education there than at Sydney.

Any help is much appreciated.

Arkhon

I did ring them. They said that I can't transfer till next semester which just leaves me so ridiculously behind.
I'm just hoping for some sneaky back-way in or something :p Basically I'm in denial. =/

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Well finish the first semister at Sydney (ring UoW to see if you get advance standings, then it wont be a waste of time):p and then transfer second semeister - if you have the UAI then they will let you in! Gook luck!! ps whats so bad about Sydney uni?

Arkhon

Sydney Uni, on the whole, is awesome. Great people, good lecturers, awesome atmosphere. It's really good everywhere...except for their IT department. Their facilities are pretty poor. The people in the IT courses seem unfriendly and stuck-up and don't get me started on their lecturers/tutors =/
Sucks, because the rest of the uni is great.

The reason I don't want to change next semester is that USyd and UOW are doing heaps different things. I'll be really far behind everyone...and I mean really far behind :)

We'll have to see how things go.

*Kicks self for not going with first instinct of going to UOW =/

MiKeY

HSC
Originally posted by Arkhon
I did ring them. They said that I can't transfer till next semester which just leaves me so ridiculously behind.
I'm just hoping for some sneaky back-way in or something :p Basically I'm in denial. =/
Hey. I was doing Forensic Biology at UTS last week - and I'm now doing Medical Science at UOW. I also realised UTS sucks. :p well.. compared to UOW. All Sydney uni's suck compared to UOW. ;)

All I did was email the Dean of my Faculty, basically stating my case - he replied with an email saying he had considered my case and would let me in - and for me to come in and enrol ASAP.

So yeh.. YAY for me. Try do what I did... but it's like.. nearly week 4 - so it's probably very unlikely. :(

Good luck bud.

Last edited:

suz

HSC
wow mikey that is heaps good you were able to do that, and I have to agree with you about UOW lol

Arkhon

Just an update.
I managed to get into Wollongong thanks to Mikey's suggestion of going to the Dean....so WOOHOO and THX A LOT :D
I start tomorrow morning....with 3 weeks worth of work waiting for me to catch up on :)
*kisses computer goodbye for a little while

:)

suz

HSC
yeah that is heaps good news, congrats, hopefully you can make an appearance at our bos meetup on thursday...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)