Transferring (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
I know it's still early in the year but what's the deal with transferring to another course within your uni or to another uni after first year.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
There's a seperate forum entitled "Transfers" and threads within it that explain this process fairly clearly.

pete_mate

HSC
sorry minai, but they dont, there's a page of jibberish, id really like to simply know how easy it is to change from a 93 course to a 95 course within the same uni

eg. sydney uni economics to commerce?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
pete_mate said:
sorry minai, but they dont, there's a page of jibberish, id really like to simply know how easy it is to change from a 93 course to a 95 course within the same uni

eg. sydney uni economics to commerce?
I think you have to look a little bit harder mate.
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=45647

How easy? What was your UAI? Close to the commerce cutoff? In that case, a high-credit to distinction average would almost guarantee a transfer.

Edit: I see you're class of 2005, in that case, try to focus on actually getting into Commerce in the first place. Only if you miss out think about transfers.

pete_mate

HSC
great, i know how to calculate an NRSL Index, and i dont know how hard first year of uni will be, or how many placings there are for commerce and therefore how high a NRSL Index,

so perhaps with your university experience you would know something about how many ppl drop out of first year commerce and therefore the probable NRSL Index requirement??

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Probable? Low 90's or maybe high 80's, in my experience.
But who knows? Only the universities do. And cutoffs vary with supply and demand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)