Transfers (1 Viewer)

Mud

HSC
Hi everyone,

As the title suggest I have afew questions in regards to transferring at UNSW. So, I have achieved an ATAR of 91.35 (Pretty happy). Unfortunately, this does not meet the ATAR cut off for Commerce at UNSW, yes yes, I've looked at HSC plus, I will only be recieveing an additional 2, placing me on 93.35. So I was contemplating on starting with Information systems then later double with Commerce. How hard would it be to transfer? What's the success rate in transferring? Would I be able to transfer after first semester? In a hypothetical situation, whereby I was able to transfer into commerce/info systems, would I be able to drop info systems and later pick up say law? Science? Arts? One more question, what is information systems about? I've looked at the core on the website it is similar to commerce. Really really sorry for the many questions, Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys :)

Halfasian

HSC
Firstly, make sure you leave Commerce / Information systems as your first preference, it is quite possible that you could still get in.

On Internal Program Transfer, you can only do it at the end of your first year (need to complete 48uoc which is 2 semesters). It's based on your WAM (average of your grades).

For Commerce / Information systems, it is a 75 WAM, if you get this it's quite likely that you'll get in.

On transferring into a different dual degree, Comm / Science or Comm / Arts are both 75 WAM as well. Comm / Law is harder, apparently they offer a min of 100 places each year, I guess to the highest WAM applicants.

If you really want to do Comm rather than info systems, I would recommend checking out the Handbook entries for Commerce and Information Systems, and possibly choose more Commerce subjects as your electives, so that you'll save time if you transfer.

IPT - ASB
IPT - Law
Handbook - Commerce
Handbook - Information Systems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)