Transformations (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi all,

I know this should be posted in transformation, but it seems pretty dead in there...anyway it can always be moved ;)

We've been studying Taming of The Shrew/10 things for transformations in prelim, and i was hopeing someone could help me out with what values are reflected in the movie other than the mundaine value of marriage, or more specific what values a certain character represents. Apparentley its something we can be tested on, but i havent been able to find any notes on it...

Cheers guys, KK

w00dy.

HSC
KimmorleyKiller said:
Hi all,

I know this should be posted in transformation, but it seems pretty dead in there...anyway it can always be moved ;)

We've been studying Taming of The Shrew/10 things for transformations in prelim, and i was hopeing someone could help me out with what values are reflected in the movie other than the mundaine value of marriage, or more specific what values a certain character represents. Apparentley its something we can be tested on, but i havent been able to find any notes on it...

Cheers guys, KK
we have just finished that unit. and just did an essay on it. its was really really frustrating. but here is some of the stuff that i managed to get out of it:
Taming of the Shrew; (values)
explores the shakespearean society in the way they treat women seen in text, attitude to non conformists (Kate, Petruchio), the patriarchal dominace
Ten Things I Hate About You; (values) attitude to women, the modern expectation, non conformity, patriarchal dominace.
* the texts value pretty much the same thing, but each either challenges or reflects the particular values within their context.

kat(e) - non conformist, challenges patriarchal dominace
bianca - submissive, conforms until she gets what she wants (in shrew)
petruchio - reflects the patriarchal dominance
pat - non conformist (in 10 things)....

and thats all i can think of right now.

forgive me if there is any mistakes.

and goodluck =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)