travel passes (1 Viewer)

HSC
Although public transport isnt the ideal way to get to uni, the city rail travel passes seem less expensive...

http://www.cityrail.info/fares/fare_3.jsp

the only thing I'm confused about is what the red, yellow and pink dont have in common!!!!

I live in western syd so thats the pink bit of the map but I dont get what colour pass to buy to get to UNSW!

can anyone help here?

sunny

meh.
HSC
All you have to do is buy a pink travel pass - then you can travel in the pink, yellow, green and red zones.

Same if you bought yellow, you can travel in yellow, green and red.

Basically, you can get to anywhere between the colour you bought and the city. Use it for the train to central, then use it on the bus to get to UNSW.

addz

HSC

damn good value...unless you dont go to uni much.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I use the red one $16 and it pays for itself after about 3 days (its valid for 7 days - meaning you can use it as much as you like on weekends!)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
If you are going to uni and catching the bus and a train then a travelpass is a MUST, definatly worth it $ wise, and also saves time fumbling with change on the bus ...

kouri

well w t f
HSC
green travelpass! :D

20 bucks.

covers green + red.

but......... does it cover olympic park.. can't be bothered checking it now. @_@

asdf

HSC
Do i need the pink pass for the train/bus?

kouri

well w t f
HSC
yup! :)

oh goodies. it covers olympic park :D :D

stupid olympic park ripped me 4 bucks last time ~>_<~

s2ophie

HSC
I'm a bit confused by all this.

Basically i will need to get from UNSW to USyd and bck again 2 or 3 times a week and occasionally i will want to go to Cammeray. And wherever else i go out to etc. (I'm living on capmpus)

What sort of travel pass should i get?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by s2ophie
I'm a bit confused by all this.

Basically i will need to get from UNSW to USyd and bck again 2 or 3 times a week and occasionally i will want to go to Cammeray. And wherever else i go out to etc. (I'm living on capmpus)

What sort of travel pass should i get?
Where is Cammeray?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Cammeray is up north near Mosman.

Originally posted by s2ophie
You could do everything you want to with a red travelpass... covers the whole city area for both buses and trains, and also up north. Though if you're only going to be using it a couple of times a week, a travelten might be more cost-effective.

You'll want the 370 bus when travelling between USYD and UNSW.

asdf

HSC
With the pink one, say going from Fairfield to central work. But what about returning? I will need the red one like that....:confused:

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Umm, say I go from Liverpool to Central, thats like $5.20 per day return, and 2 bus trips from central to UNSW is $1.30 (I think) each way, so $2.60.
$5.20 + $2.60 = $7.80
$7.80 * 4 = $31.20
Pink travelpass = $23.50
Saving = $7.70

:D

So do you just buy it from the train station? And can u stop on any station inbetween on any day?

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by asdf
With the pink one, say going from Fairfield to central work. But what about returning? I will need the red one like that....:confused:
Nah, the pink travelpass encompasses the red zone as well...I think:p
So just use the pink travelpass on trains AND buses

sunny

meh.
HSC
Concession price for students. They do have people that check the buses for tickets and concession cards, especially at the start of session.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
stupid me
was on the uniexpress from UNSW to central
i had a blue travelten and forgot that i had to do it twice...so embrassing getting caught by the bus driver! i honestly forgot! won't be doing it again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)