Travelling to Bali? (1 Viewer)

charlesdinio

HSC
Hey guys,

was booked to go to Bali after schoolies.. the 5th I was leaving..

I've been a heap of times, used to go twice a year, but this time around I'm a tad worried due to the terrorism threats etc.

Do you think its safe enough to go? Keeping in mind they are going to kill a few of the bombers next week..

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
It's fine. Places like Bali look after their tourists, considering they're the main source of income. My parents went recently, and it was fine.

Terrorist bombings? By their very nature, they're an aberration. Go and have a good time.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
Yeah I think it still would be safe to go over, although when we last went over we left 3 days before the bombings at the sari and paddy's club, and my sister went to them...

charlesdinio

HSC
Kwayera said:
It's fine. Places like Bali look after their tourists, considering they're the main source of income. My parents went recently, and it was fine.

Terrorist bombings? By their very nature, they're an aberration. Go and have a good time.
Yeah its all good if they went recently, but I mean, shit is going to hit the roof when the terrorists get executed, plus, many Aussies will be there during that time, perfect for them.

I suppose ill wait it out and see what DFAT and Smart Traveller have to say

JamesDNewman

HSC
Im going over aswell at the start of december. I think it should be alright. At the moment im going to go but if the travel warning reach leval five i will reconsider.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
We might all "think" it will be alright, but these terriosts are capable of the unthinkable. The more people that are there, the better opportunities for them. After this execution, their is going to be huge retailiation by more Indonesian bombers, and they will target the peak season, which is not far away guys...

I would reconsider plans and be very careful......

charlesdinio

HSC
JamesDNewman said:
Im going over aswell at the start of december. I think it should be alright. At the moment im going to go but if the travel warning reach leval five i will reconsider.
yeah im thinking the same.

Check DFAT and smart traveller also.. theres always good stuff on there.

where abouts r u staying?

charlesdinio

HSC
milocole said:
We might all "think" it will be alright, but these terriosts are capable of the unthinkable. The more people that are there, the better opportunities for them. After this execution, their is going to be huge retailiation by more Indonesian bombers, and they will target the peak season, which is not far away guys...

I would reconsider plans and be very careful......
yeah the terrorists even released a letter saying llike .. "blood for blood", it sounds scary and im starting to reconsider whether it would be a relaxing holiday or..

what else?

HSC
Im going next friday and its going to be sick. Im not letting those pricks control what im doing and where im going. That means they win.

charlesdinio

HSC
what else? said:
Im going next friday and its going to be sick. Im not letting those pricks control what im doing and where im going. That means they win.
yeah good attitude!

but be careful ay..

where abouts r u goin?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Smart Traveler is useless. The information it gives is deliberately overcautious.

what else?

HSC
First to bali for a few days probally go west up the coast then maybe over to lombok, sumbawa way to go surfing. Lembongan island is also very good just off the coast of bali. You?

charlesdinio

HSC
ill be around nusa dua and kuta the entire time i think..!

i may have a few days around the island, but naa mainly nusa dua!

cant wait..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)