Treatment of POWs (1 Viewer)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I think its a bad example for the treatment of POW in Iraq and should be broadcast around the world so people can see how sick some ppl in the army are

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
these pictures are seriously disturbing. So yeah, this is the standard warning about clicking the link.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/throwingstardna/513278.html
Don't open on school computers by the way.....it's not a good idea.

The one thing I don't get is why the prisoners are forced to do all those sexual things (according to the report), do their captors get kicks out of it or something.

Alexander

Gold Member
At least it has been 'exposed' by the media. 50-60yrs ago, they wouldn't have touched something like this...the winners wrote the history. It's only becoming a little clear of all the crimes committed by anzacs in both wars all around the shop just now.
These people are being brought accountable, and we're aware of the whole thing--- if that doesn't tell you that something is working then i dont know what will.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Enlightened_One
The one thing I don't get is why the prisoners are forced to do all those sexual things (according to the report), do their captors get kicks out of it or something.
No, it is because this is incredibly degrading in an Islamic culture - considerably more degrading than it would be in the west. These prisoners would much prefer physical torture rather than these sorts of degradations. Undoubtedly, if you are trying to psychologically demolish Islamic prisoners, making them easier to pump for information, this would likely be effective.

Note - the fact that it would be effective is in NO WAY a defence for doing it.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Everyone seems to forget what the iraquis did to the American soldiers!!!

astro

HSC
Americans are invading Iraq...what do you expect the iraqis to do? Give them five star treatment....i mean, even though it is bad, what they are doing, it still isn't justification for degradation of the Iraqi prisoners....
The pentagon has admitted to 25 Iraqis have dying in US custody...mostly through torture.....

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by Komaticom
Man, the prisoners probably have vital intel that will might save the lives of countless civilians and Coaltion troops, because they're Taliban scum. Preventing terrorist acts is more than worth treating prisoners like shit
Originally posted by OZGIRL86
Everyone seems to forget what the iraquis did to the American soldiers!!!
the yanks love ppl like this ^

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
OZGIRL86, just because the Iraqis may have treated the Americans badly, that is no excuse for the Americans to treat them in such a degrading way. Do we rape convicted rapists? Do we kill murderers? Maybe you think we should?

Anyway, I don't exactly blame the Iraqis for rebelling.... I'd get pretty pissed off if someone invaded my country and bombed lots of innocent Australians too.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by astro
Americans are invading Iraq...what do you expect the iraqis to do? Give them five star treatment....i mean, even though it is bad, what they are doing, it still isn't justification for degradation of the Iraqi prisoners....
The pentagon has admitted to 25 Iraqis have dying in US custody...mostly through torture.....
hmm so 25 iraqis.. wow.. so what??
look at how many amercians have died over there...
Do u expect americans to give iraquis 5 star treatment?? a prisoner is a prisoner...
anyway those iraqis are just plain crazy they just fight eachother, wrek their already wrecked up country and explode themselves.. do u call that normal?
If it wasn't for the US Sadam would still be there... remember how the iraqis were happy when sadam was first gone? and now they hate the americans... the US did iraq a favour...

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Josie
OZGIRL86, just because the Iraqis may have treated the Americans badly, that is no excuse for the Americans to treat them in such a degrading way. Do we rape convicted rapists? Do we kill murderers? Maybe you think we should?

Anyway, I don't exactly blame the Iraqis for rebelling.... I'd get pretty pissed off if someone invaded my country and bombed lots of innocent Australians too.
Josie, no we don't rape convicted rapists , we don't kill murderers because we live in a civilised country...

Last edited:

jk

White tiger
Josie, no we don't rape convicted rapists , we don't kill murderers because we live in a civilised country...
can i translate ur comment as 'iraqis do it cuz they are uncivilised beasts who killed innocent US people'???

shame on u.........

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I was just expressing my opinions , is that a crime???
shame on u...

prof

HSC
I was just expressing my opinions , is that a crime???
your opinion is grossly misinformed

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
The war in Iraq is known by many as being an unjustified war, but the add to that, the ill- treatment of iraqi civilians just continues to suggest that war has never been the answer to obtaining peace. Instead it has created more disasters and death on both sides

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"give them guns and let god decide their fate"

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
hmm so 25 iraqis.. wow.. so what??
so what?..... its a war crime, and dont think its just 25, i think its way more

look at how many amercians have died over there..
not as much as iraqis

a prisoner is a prisoner
yes ur right, and under the Geneva Convention a prisoner still has rights but they treated worse than dogs.

even the ppl that were taken hostage by the iraqis were treated better

anyway those iraqis are just plain crazy they just fight eachother, wrek their already wrecked up country and explode themselves.. do u call that normal?
well obviously ur not normal, cuz every1 (including the americans)has criticised what these soldiers have done, and for you to stand up for them shows your abnormality

If it wasn't for the US Sadam would still be there
and if it wasnt for the US he wouldnt be there in the first place

the US did iraq a favour...
i hope they get 'rewarded'

iraq was one of the first civilisations on the planet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)