trial comparison (1 Viewer)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
so, how did everyone think they did in their ancient trial compared 2 other subjects? harder, or easier? it wasnt my hardest trial - bio definately takes that honour. i dunno, i guess it wasnt that the trial was particularly hard, just that i wasnt as prepared 4 the questions they asked as i was for other areas (but dont that just always happen!:) )
so what bout u guys?

Jane Doe

I actually have my Ancient trial tomorrow afternoon. I had my Biology trial today and that was hard.

Demandred

HSC
I did my ancient trials today, nothing out of the ordinary. For the two 10 mark questions on Hatshepsut, one was asking for how she was presented in statues and other art forms, the other asked you to discuss the importance of religion in her riegn. The 10 mark question on ancient Assyria asked about features of Assyrian architecture. For the two esssays, one was to discuss the contributions and impacts of two New Kingdom Pharaohs. Second one was to discuss the importance of the Cult of Osiris in Middle Kingdom Egypt.

S

strappleberry

definately the hardest trial for me, however i don't do biology. it could also have something to do with having a really lousy teacher so i technically taught myself - something i wouldnt recommend for ancient history! also thought that legal sucked lots of ass, but that was coz i was falling asleep and couldnt remember hardly any statutes, which is a really important part of the essays.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
strappleberry said:
definately the hardest trial for me, however i don't do biology. it could also have something to do with having a really lousy teacher so i technically taught myself - something i wouldnt recommend for ancient history! also thought that legal sucked lots of ass, but that was coz i was falling asleep and couldnt remember hardly any statutes, which is a really important part of the essays.
my bio trial was really hard - definately the worst! however, i can sympathise much with u strappleberry - i dropped legal, couldnt stand it! was v hard (and not helped by my total disinterest!)

G

Gavvvvvin

History trial was the easiest ever, cos like the questions in it were the same we done in the half yearlies and previous assessment tasks and stuff :p

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
i found my trial fairly easy, if i had studied more for it it would've been heaps easy - except i only received one of my topics shortly before the test and only got to read over it along with half of another topic just before the test...and that's where distance ed isn't so good - you never get your work on time and its always too much to do. in fact, one of the girls in my class only received half of one of the topics a week before the exam, and that was after getting in contact with me and asking me if she was meant to have the units she was missing...

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
yulia said:
i found my trial fairly easy, if i had studied more for it it would've been heaps easy - except i only received one of my topics shortly before the test and only got to read over it along with half of another topic just before the test...and that's where distance ed isn't so good - you never get your work on time and its always too much to do. in fact, one of the girls in my class only received half of one of the topics a week before the exam, and that was after getting in contact with me and asking me if she was meant to have the units she was missing...
god - thats so unfair! i mean, i guess u'd assume that distance ed would be slower, but thats really unfair. u guys r so disadvantaged. how come u do distance ed? is it because u live really far out or because ur school doesnt offer ancient itself? (i know that why heaps of ppl do languages distance ed)

SimpaticO

Happy Man
Compared to the other trials I've done, I found ancient easy enough and manageable. The only issue I had without is that our class was behind in covering the content. We'd only been getting into our final topic (Augustus and the Julio Claudians) for a week before the trial!

To compensate for this our teacher told us that he would go easy on us and to just write according to what we could teach ourselves by the trial date.

Then, on the afternoon before the day of the Ancient Trial, as we came out of the maths trial, our ancient teacher was standing there with gigantic source booklets on Augustus and the Julio Claudians and said that everything we needed to know for the trial question was in there and if we studied all of it over night we would be fine with the question and he therefore didn't have to go easy on it. The booklet was 200 pages long and he gave this to us on the afternoon before the morning of the trial exam!!!!!

Everyone in my class thought that was so unfair but we did our best.

So apart from that question in the trial I think I did great. I'm coming first in my ancient class and I'm pretty into it. I think I did better than most of the others in the Augustus question anyway because I had been trying to skim through the rest of the topic myself while the others relied on our teacher to help us and all he ended up doing was getting us into the situation I wrote above!

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
i do distance ed because ancient history was on the chemistry line, and i needed chemistry. basically, my school said, "here are the lines, and we're not changing them" - the problem was, they lumped most of the subjects on 2 lines and placed subjects no one wanted on the others, so i took up ancient history on a line with crappy subjects and did chemistry.

heh, and when i spoke to my ancient history teacher the other day she's like "i was a little worried about those 2 topics you hadn't done yet..." - and last term i received a notice telling me that the "Assessment task you are working on" wasn't going to be due until yesterday instead of the end of week 2 as originally had been said - i hadn't even received the assessment task or started the topic at that stage, i was just like, wtf?!?! but i was lucky, most of my class (18 of us) were so far behind in our work it had to be postponed...so i managed to at least receive the assessment in time for me to do it..

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
*feels much sympathy for SimpaticO*
geez, that really sux. dont you just HATE it when people do stuff like that? Its jsut so unfair. i guess at least you're all in roughly ther same boat, so the marks will still be relative to each other. guess it just emphasises to the rest of us lazy buggers that we have have to be always lookin ahead and learning extra stuff...kudos to you!

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
OMG! the ancient trial wasnt bad, but i took like an hour for NK and still didnt finish it! It would've been my weakest, so i left it till last, unfortunately by that stage my finger was a frickin pumpkin, and then i couldnt study for maths, and itds all blondies fault!!! Yes anz, all ur fault! (no reni, i dont know why yet, but its always anz's fault)

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Yeah i had just over an hour for my NK question. But i had enough of ancient by then and spent the first 10 mins staring out the window. I was meant to finish at 12 so i stopped writing then and sat patiently waiting for harpy to come back. 10 mins later i had to actually go around looking for her! I'm so stupid, free time and i didn't even take it. Plus i was also in the book room doing the exam.....do you know how horrible it feels when your doing an ancient test all alone in a room with no supervision, all the while staring at books called "Roman History" and "The Pharaoh's of NK".....v stupid, v. depressing.

Actually in all, the exam wasn't that bad. I had no idea what i was talking about in NK, plus i think i needed more historiography. I had more historiography for Minoans and Hatshepsut then i did for the essays. I had no jellybeans!!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
oh, the jellybeans are very, repeat VERY important. they're so we remember to put in historiogrpahy and primary sources. don't work though because under stress of exams we all scoff them before we go in there anyway! :p
wow, tina, harpy trusts you! good god, what's the world coming to?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
angelduck said:
OMG! the ancient trial wasnt bad, but i took like an hour for NK and still didnt finish it! It would've been my weakest, so i left it till last, unfortunately by that stage my finger was a frickin pumpkin, and then i couldnt study for maths, and itds all blondies fault!!! Yes anz, all ur fault! (no reni, i dont know why yet, but its always anz's fault)
angelduck, i got nothing against you blaming anz for it...no wait, yes i do! shes my blame-bitch (yeah, u heard me anz!). i have claimed for this snce yr7 - get ur own person 2 blame everything on!

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
We had our ancient trial yesterday... 3rd one still week to go. Compared to eng it was okay... some odd sparta questions though kinda came out of the blue. Romeo + Greece were fine and good old Scipio went really well. Not to worried cause rest of class thought it was bit hard so yeah c how it compares at end of next week.

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
silvermoon said:
ditto! no, wait, actually, i think it was my lowest...or maybe that was 3U maths. neway, theyd be pretty close.
Moonie, if 82.5(?) is considered your second lowest mark then YOU ARE AN UBER FREAK/NERD/GEEK/im so envious i'm gonna cry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)