Trial Dates (1 Viewer)

RedStz

True Scorpian
Does everyone's trial starts on wk 3 of term3...or 5th of Aug?.....i Dont know why i am asking, but heard that it's really important for people doing the catholic paper to be on the SAME DATE....you know prevention of cheating and stuff.......I hope you guys are doing on a later day, that way, i can inform the school so the Dates are the same
It actually happened in my school years back, when the teacher set the time wrong, where everyone in the sch was anticipating for the math exam in the afternoon where other schools have simply done it in the morning. They only found out the error in the morning, so in a rush of time, some other papers were given other than the catholic paper...A MESS huh

God i think the State Lib will be packed during this holiday

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
hey yeah my trials strt on the 4th august...catholic skool too...

Winston

HSC
yeah mine start on thr 4th of august

for 2.1 weeks :p

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
clever clever. hehe

well same my trial timetable is fkd.. all my exams exept for 2 in the first week. one after the other :(

losty

well apparently riverside girls high school has already done their trials.. they did them a couple of weeks ago or something....
i dont get it because i thought that the trial papers come from either the get the bos one or the independant schools ones which are both released at like the same time to prevent the whole cheating thing... but if some schols have done it... hmmm :confused:

pri

HSC
N/A
week 2...july 28th...and I have 2 trial exams on 3 of the 4 days I have exams!!! 7 exams!!

am I screwed or what?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
umm.. my trials

*thinks hard.

its two days before my b'day so that makes it the last day of the month b4 august

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by losty
...i thought that the trial papers come from either the get the bos one or the independant schools ones which are both released at like the same time to prevent the whole cheating thing... but if some schols have done it... hmmm :confused:
That's why schools who choose to buy the catholic paper usually set the trial dates around the 3rd week of term 3.
Independent school is another type of trial paper that some schools can choose to use, but i think it got nothing to do with the BOS.
That school probably have teachers setting their own paper, which is very possible considering that not every school is able to finish the whole course by the trial time, but then good for them, no more stress in the holidays

losty

ohh but thats also unfair in a way cause that means that their "trials" are just like having half yearlies and so on... being set by the school they'll probably be easier cause the teacher knows exactly what their students knows...

man that sux... ahh well im over it

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by losty
....that their "trials" are just like having half yearlies and so on... being set by the school they'll probably be easier cause the teacher knows exactly what their students knows...

Mmmmm....well except it's a "half yearly" worth minimum of 40%!!!! Well i think most teachers dont have the time and the brain to set the whole exam question, so a lot of times, they are also taking Questions out of the trial paper, and cut out the ones that they haven't learn and replaced it with something else, but then in that school's case, i dont think the teacher have access to the trial paper yet, it's WAY TOOO EARLY, and other schools haven't done it...

I wish my math teacher can set Questions that are easier for us :mad:

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
get this my maths teacher is leavin the 2 weeks b4 the trials.. we have some supposedly good teacher that teaches at tafe.. so we got to make up the times she cant make our lessons - after skool... AAAARGGGHH!!!!!!

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
40%! Some of my trials are only worth 25%! but I still have 1 more assessment tho.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
My trials are set by the school........

most public school ones are........

and no, we won't be finished the course by the time trials come around

losty

40% fuck have u guys had like very little assessments during the year....

my biggest one- actally theres 3 are 30%, the other is 25% and then the least is 10%

RedStz

True Scorpian
Re: trials

Originally posted by salsa85
Hey
my trials start on the 4th of august and will still b going te monday after my 18th birthday!!! how much does that suck!! lol
oh well

:p

bai!!!!!!!!!!

Well no need to complain, my 18th is THE EXACT SAME DAY THAT I WILL BE SITTING FOR MY MATH4U HSC EXAM....talking about sucks!!!!!! :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

freakofcool

Our trials, I think, start on the 11th August. And I've the school sets them or buys pre-made tests, something like that. Most of my trials are worth a fair bit of the assessment mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)