• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trial Discussion Thread. (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Cramming for AOS, do you reckon it would be better to go to bed early and do some stuff in the morning or stay up late?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Cramming for AOS, do you reckon it would be better to go to bed early and do some stuff in the morning or stay up late?
AOS

go cram for another 4 hours (i.e. memorise what you have)

then sleep for 5 hours and wake up

UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, DO NOT do an all nighter for AOS - it is largely dependent on your ability to derive techniques (through short answer) and think creatively on how to adapt your essay and creative. Cram for modules all night, sure, but not AOS.

hayabusaboston

HSC
I found them to be requiring an equal amount of time, especially if your creative has lots of imagery/description in it. It's easy to forget some of the lines.
For me, creative's flow on from one moment to the next, it is very easy to quite rapidly link everything in your mind in a lovely sequence. Essays are stop and start with new concepts every line, much harder to have a smooth flow in your mind when attempting to memorise. This is for me anyway.

Creatives I can legit recite after 1 reading haha. So much easier than essay.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
For me, creative's flow on from one moment to the next, it is very easy to quite rapidly link everything in your mind in a lovely sequence. Essays are stop and start with new concepts every line, much harder to have a smooth flow in your mind when attempting to memorise. This is for me anyway.

Creatives I can legit recite after 1 reading haha. So much easier than essay.
Your essay shouldn't have new concepts every line lol.

iBibah

HSC
lol I remember that now.

Me/carrot/twinkle/barber/ealdoon/examine/who else? went to Woolworths beforehand and bought breakfast for everyone lol
This was parra study meat not trials right?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought you'd know what i mean.

Lines in essays are often disconnected from each other, different issues must be covered in an essay.
A creative is all about the same issue, the story you're writing about.
try to put some chronology into it, not to the point where you're re-telling the story, but just exploring different facets of belonging relevant to the question

so e.g.

textual evidence a - demonstrates his underlying choice to belong

textual evidence b - illustrates the barrier which inhibits his connection to the broader world, despite the desire being present

textual evidence - highlights his disassociation

I think if you remember it like that in your head, it will be easier, just remember the EFFECT of the technique, and it will help you to remember the technique itself

iBibah

HSC
Bos trials are next holidays, the counts a s a meat I guess

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I thought you'd know what i mean.

Lines in essays are often disconnected from each other, different issues must be covered in an essay.
A creative is all about the same issue, the story you're writing about.
You are doing essays wrong then.

hayabusaboston

HSC
You are doing essays wrong then.
uh, no?
lol essays do not "flow", they are a manifestation of a PROCEDURAL APPLICATION OF ANALYSIS to a series of points.

"Flow" is a continuation of something for an extended period of time. You can't have "flow" from a series of individual points, "flow" is when its one long point ie a creative.

I have a feeling you guys need to recheck your understanding of the word "flow" haha.

May I recommend Macquarie Dictionary.

Siddy123

HSC
uh, no?
lol essays do not "flow", they are a manifestation of a PROCEDURAL APPLICATION OF ANALYSIS to a series of points.

"Flow" is a continuation of something for an extended period of time. You can't have "flow" from a series of individual points, "flow" is when its one long point ie a creative.

I have a feeling you guys need to recheck your understanding of the word "flow" haha.

is that what mikey thinks too?

good ole mikey <3

iBibah

HSC
uh, no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)