• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trial Discussion Thread. (2 Viewers)

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
just wasted an hr watching new episode of top gear and modern hist is tomorrow.. sigh

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
My English modules is worth 12%

Each essay 4%

2% ATAR
It's the biggest fallacy that students have this mentality, given that HSC is typically more than the 50% in an abstract sense because assessment ranks only count, not the actual marks. So if you are a rank 1 at a rank 150+ school, you'll have to pull it to the table externally anyway.

First English test tomorrow (AoS). Just wanted to ask everyone here how the experience felt? Is it as stressful as it's made out to be? etc..
It's not stressful if you don't make it be. Good prep, well rested and good mentality are the ingredients to HSC exam success.

As some perhaps trial inspiration. I was in Africa for 3 weeks right before my trials. I came back and actually got sick in my trials. I did sit my double exam day though despite being sick (more out of necessity as I wanted them done to focus on the editing of the major work and didn't realise I was getting so sick, moved my exam the next day on the Friday to the next week to recover). Anyway I was away, and taught myself quite a bulk of work, like the whole Communications part assessed in trials. On the double day (which was my 18th lewls), I was literally shaking through Modern and EE1 which is quite hard given the writing. Couldn't eat, felt too nauseous. But just powered through and wrote a lot for Modern and 21 pages in EE1. Bio was the one I moved because I was too sick the next day (which was Fri). I slept like so much that weekend wow. So then after I finished up trials, it was pretty much 3 days of intense, intense editing, a late night to finish editing MW up to my standards.

Anyway besides this, I did top all those three subs in trials. And got 25/25 in the Communications section of my bio trial despite being in Africa during that. So all you 2013ers can power through it, I know. When the chips are down, you bounce back and prove the haters wrong.

Love you all little HSC2013ers, good luck!

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Only 5 seconds huh

On the bright side that's the only makeup tutorial I have watched today....so far
Wasn't into it lol, even if she did look like suzy. Can't wait till eco is over, have to finish dating agency cyrano

Yeah guys. This is 100% accurate and true.
Who would they believe more? Me or the so called Spiritual omed

just wasted an hr watching new episode of top gear and modern hist is tomorrow.. sigh
The caravan part was so boring, such a letdown.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Dont feel guilty - you need some time for yourself (late afternoons and 11pm+ were my non-negotiable study free times).

Still need to cram/revise Germany and quickly look over Cold war exam is at 1.55pm though

The caravan part was so boring, such a letdown.
wasn't that in ep5? where they tested the SUVs... I watched ep6 :p

enoilgam

HSC
Still need to cram/revise Germany and quickly look over Cold war exam is at 1.55pm though
Should I breakout my cheerleading outfit to get you motivated :p? Just relax, dont worry about knowing every bit about the course - just have a strong foundation so that you have enough for the essays.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
It's not stressful if you don't make it be. Good prep, well rested and good mentality are the ingredients to HSC exam success.

As some perhaps trial inspiration. I was in Africa for 3 weeks right before my trials. I came back and actually got sick in my trials. I did sit my double exam day though despite being sick (more out of necessity as I wanted them done to focus on the editing of the major work and didn't realise I was getting so sick, moved my exam the next day on the Friday to the next week to recover). Anyway I was away, and taught myself quite a bulk of work, like the whole Communications part assessed in trials. On the double day (which was my 18th lewls), I was literally shaking through Modern and EE1 which is quite hard given the writing. Couldn't eat, felt too nauseous. But just powered through and wrote a lot for Modern and 21 pages in EE1. Bio was the one I moved because I was too sick the next day (which was Fri). I slept like so much that weekend wow. So then after I finished up trials, it was pretty much 3 days of intense, intense editing, a late night to finish editing MW up to my standards.

Anyway besides this, I did top all those three subs in trials. And got 25/25 in the Communications section of my bio trial despite being in Africa during that. So all you 2013ers can power through it, I know. When the chips are down, you bounce back and prove the haters wrong.

Love you all little HSC2013ers, good luck!
kind of in the same situation lol
picked up a cold 4 days ago, went to the doctors and asked for the strongest antibiotics
and I also still need to work on my ext2 MW :p

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Should I breakout my cheerleading outfit to get you motivated :p? Just relax, dont worry about knowing every bit about the course - just have a strong foundation so that you have enough for the essays.
ahahaha - would be something to look forward to! :D

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
kind of in the same situation lol
picked up a cold 4 days ago, went to the doctors and asked for the strongest antibiotics
and I also still need to work on my ext2 MW :p
At least it's just a cold, I was paranoid that I had tryposoma or something from being in Africa :p

Speaking of cheerleading, should have joined the USYD cheerleaders. They totally wanted me to bring it on in their posse, and I could rock the blue/gold uniform. We could have all totes colour coordinated our hair pieces and nail polish!?! :p

moocow920

HSC
OH. MY. GOD. My computer just came up with a 'system must restore immediately' wanring thing that i know is a virus and shut down, wont turn back on. MIDDLE OF TRIALS WHAT DO I DO HELP I CANT BREATHE I AM GOING TO DIE

hayabusaboston

HSC
Am I spelling this right?
fuc yu dame moncey shite

That is what omed said rite?

Anyway speaking of trials, what is the weighting of everyone's assessments? for me:
MX2: 30
MX1: 30
Physics: 35
Chemistry: 35
English AOS: 5
English Modules: 15

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
At least it's just a cold, I was paranoid that I had tryposoma or something from being in Africa :p
Speaking of cheerleading, should have joined the USYD cheerleaders. They totally wanted me to bring it on in their posse, and I could rock the blue/gold uniform. We could have all totes colour coordinated our hair pieces and nail polish!?! :p
Probably from a week of constant all nightering lol, doctor gave me some antibtiotics with some cold and flu tablets that take away the symptoms, taking 3 tablets every 3 hours 0.0
Should be gone within a couple of days though, hopefully :D

There is just something about me in short pants which gets everyone going.
More like given me the motivation to get away from the computer screen :p

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
OH. MY. GOD. My computer just came up with a 'system must restore immediately' wanring thing that i know is a virus and shut down, wont turn back on. MIDDLE OF TRIALS WHAT DO I DO HELP I CANT BREATHE I AM GOING TO DIE
take your pc to a professional and ask if they can restore your files if you haven't kept a back up?

Glad I could be of assistance.
inb4expecting95RAW :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)