• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trial Discussion Thread. (3 Viewers)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Nearly finished all the pens in my house

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
hahaha reminds me of my English trial. I finished it and had ink all over me as the pen was very leaky.
The side of my ring finger tends get fully black since it's rubbing my writing
Also got random black dots all over my jacket
Lol
Edit: 1337th post.

Last edited:

awd1779

HSC
ATAR: 99.95

UMAT AIM: 100th Percentile

Chemistry: 97, Biology 98, Maths 2u: 99, Maths Ext 1: 48, English Advanced: 96, SOR 1u: 47

you wish boy

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
that sweet, sweet moment when you write/edit something for ext2 and it actually reads, and sounds good!

wooot

@makingprogress lol

EDIT: 400th post! :D

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
that sweet, sweet moment when you write/edit something for ext2 and it actually reads, and sounds good!

wooot

@makingprogress lol

EDIT: 400th post! :D
Tell me how to prepare for Standard...I gave up memorizing essays after my creative and went back the Chemistry
English trials on Monday eek!

Marc26

HSC
Tell me how to prepare for Standard...I gave up memorizing essays after my creative and went back the Chemistry
Prepare techniques, quotes and analysis for all your paragraphs. Have an underlying thesis which links to everything you talk about.
What dates are your trials between?

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A

Memorize important bits of your intro

Learn quotes+techniques for your body paragraphs and the main ideas - at least 3-4 for each paragraph
You'll be given the question on the day which becomes your thesis,
your topic sentence for each paragraph is your thesis which answers the questions and you come up with that on the day
Following, the topic sentence, add another sentence which explains your topic sentence, and leads into your first quote+ technique
a sentence for your quote and analysis
Write another sentence empty sentence that explains your previous sentences and analysis which also leads into your next technique + quote (optional)
If you decide not to include the sentence, then your next analytic sentence must flow with your previous analytic sentence
you must now include a sentence with no analysis that joins your previous analytic sentences together if you didn't include one previously
repeat till you've used your 3-4 quotes
conclude with a sentence linking back to thesis, question and your topic sentence

TL;DR
Memorize quotes and techniques and write it on the day

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Prepare techniques, quotes and analysis for all your paragraphs. Have an underlying thesis which links to everything you talk about.
What dates are your trials between?
This coming Monday to the next Friday.

I prepared an essay for belonging and I mention about how not belonging can be flourishing etc in like 2 paragraphs, and in other paragraphs I mentioned other things like barriers etc. can I use this type of essay to answer questions that ask something completely unrelated to not belonging/barries for example, the 2012 question on time, or will I get marked down terribly for including irrelevant paragraphs. I find it unrealistic to memorize essays on belonging which can answer all the possible questions they ask, and I also find it unrealistic to compose an essay on the spot with just techniques/quotes/analysis in the back of your mind which is band 6 quality...
Geez. I'm shitting it for English

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Memorize important bits of your intro

Learn quotes+techniques for your body paragraphs and the main ideas - at least 3-4 for each paragraph
You'll be given the question on the day which becomes your thesis,
your topic sentence for each paragraph is your thesis which answers the questions and you come up with that on the day
Following, the topic sentence, add another sentence which explains your topic sentence, and leads into your first quote+ technique
a sentence for your quote and analysis
Write another sentence empty sentence that explains your previous sentences and analysis which also leads into your next technique + quote (optional)
If you decide not to include the sentence, then your next analytic sentence must flow with your previous analytic sentence
you must now include a sentence with no analysis that joins your previous analytic sentences together if you didn't include one previously
repeat till you've used your 3-4 quotes
conclude with a sentence linking back to thesis, question and your topic sentence

TL;DR
Memorize quotes and techniques and write it on the day
This is just like the PEEL paragraph structure. I guess I should've practiced essay writing before :( This is what I'm resorting to now though. Thanks!

lolwot

HSC
One more trial to go... thank the lord! I'm going to try to be much more prepared for the actual HSC -- hope my ranks stay alright.

Marc26

HSC
This coming Monday to the next Friday.

I prepared an essay for belonging and I mention about how not belonging can be flourishing etc in like 2 paragraphs, and in other paragraphs I mentioned other things like barriers etc. can I use this type of essay to answer questions that ask something completely unrelated to not belonging/barries for example, the 2012 question on time, or will I get marked down terribly for including irrelevant paragraphs. I find it unrealistic to memorize essays on belonging which can answer all the possible questions they ask, and I also find it unrealistic to compose an essay on the spot with just techniques/quotes/analysis in the back of your mind which is band 6 quality...
Geez. I'm shitting it for English
Good luck man. A good idea to add is to write with a complex vocabulary. But don't make your essay too.. verbose

hayabusaboston

HSC
whewee just got my assed RAPED by ext 2, there were like 3 Q8's not 1. Or Q 16's I should say. Our teacher was like "Brace yourselves" before the exam LOLOL fucking hell it was cray cray, all Q6+ material, and last three questions all Q8. NOTHING FUCKEN EASY TO AT LEAST GET SOME MARKS STRAIGHT UP wow
but hey still went alright I hope.
Hm.

Thank god HSC will be easier than what I just did hahaha

Last edited:

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
WTH Geography

Screwed up the essays so much; had no idea what to write

Short answer and Multi Choice were fine

And my mate wrote 3 responses for the essays hahahahahhahahaha

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I wasn't referring to you. I'm sure you know how much i "like" omed :dog:

Just tell them it's apink> trails if you don't come first.
Screwed up Geog

One of my mates said that the exam was awesome

gg 1st #APink

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)