Trial HSC Timetable (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
I think we're sitting the CSSA trials, got a pretty good timetable for that as well. :p
I think we are, but i'm hoping not ! I got a terrible timetable for the first week :(

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
term 3 week 4 doesn't seem that early?

our ones start week 3 term 3 :eek:

and even then when its all over (week 4-5) that'll only ;) leave about 9 weeks or so to cram in everything i've learnt for the past year

Riviet

HSC
N/A
bobness said:
term 3 week 4 doesn't seem that early?

our ones start week 3 term 3 :eek:

and even then when its all over (week 4-5) that'll only ;) leave about 9 weeks or so to cram in everything i've learnt for the past year
Same here, ours are in week 3, and I think you meant "re-cramming", since we would have crammed for trials too. :p

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
yep re-cramming

our trials doesn't encompass the entire course though? we'll be learning more syllabus points (in geo and mod at least) after trials

so in a way i'll only have 4 weeks (hols and early term 4) to cram for the HSC :eek:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If your school is doing the CSSA trials they issue a timetable. Schools who use these trial papers are commited to doing them either on the day and time specified OR later than that specified but not earlier. They can change the timetable to suit the school but they can't do an exam earlier than specified on the timetable.

The Independent trial papers don't have a set timetable but do have a security period of about 4 weeks. They have the school sign an agreement that the school won't allow any student to remove an exam paper from the exam room nor allow students to take their exam papers home until the end of the security period. This period is about 4 weeks long, if I remember the cover of the papers last year.

Schools set their own trial papers and set their own timetable but many choose to use these other externally set papers as it makes life easier for the teachers.

Personally I wait until I have both CSSA and Independent trial papers and then choose which one I like better or suits my students better and then go with that one - adjusting any question that is in a topic we haven't yet finished.

With regard to weighting of exams these are determined by the school but also must met the requirements of the syllabus.

In both Histories for instance both syllabi states that exam style questions are to be worth 40% of the total assessment but it is up to the school how to make up that 40% - my school goes with 10% half-yearly and 30% trial but others may use a different method.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Actually, whilst some schools do use the CSSA trial papers at a later date then specified by the CSSA timetable, it is against the terms and conditions set out by CSSA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSSA
Papers scheduled for BOTH WEEKS must be taken at time/date specified. Rescheduling of papers is not permitted.
The CSSA does say what you have posted but it says more than that:

CATHOLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS ASSOCIATION OF NEW SOUTH WALES
YEAR 12 TRIAL HSC EXAMINATIONS
TIMETABLE 2006
Please note the conditions of supply of CSSA Trial HSC Examination papers for 2006:
• Papers scheduled for BOTH WEEKS must be taken at time/date specified. Rescheduling of papers prior to the nominated times is not permitted.

When you leave out a phrase you change the meaning of the sentence - the phrase in question being 'prior to the nominted times'.

Schools are perfectly able to reschedule their exams after the scheduled time if they so wish and not be in breach of the agreement.

As this is the heading of the 2006 timetable I assume that this is what is the current situation - in other words the same as it has been in the past.

Logic would also tell you that schools have to be able to change some of the exams as not all schools have the same line arrangement.

Some students surely do Visual Arts and Extension English for one such clash, not to mention others.

Last edited:

bottle01

HSC
OMG...our school's trial is in 2 weeks...starts on the day after Queen's birthday...everyone is feeling the intense and stress :burn: ...

I'M NOT READY YET!!!>_<

biggie walls

HSC
Just a question about Trials:

I asked my Business Studies teacher if we were doing the CSSA Trial and he said no we are doing one written by the school... reason being that last year there was a dilemma with the CSSA papers - apparantly the questions got out before the exam dates? Is this the 'Cheltenham Girls High' issue or something else that happened?? He said he could not rely on the 'security' of the CSSA paper??

Im kind of annoyed that we arn't doing the CSSA paper - the test questions seem to be of a good 'standard' - most similar to the HSC.. also - there is past papers we can do as preparation.. My school generally sets wonky tests with highly ambigious questions.. anyway all I can do is study and try my hardest!!

A l

HSC
N/A
biggie walls said:
Just a question about Trials:

I asked my Business Studies teacher if we were doing the CSSA Trial and he said no we are doing one written by the school... reason being that last year there was a dilemma with the CSSA papers - apparantly the questions got out before the exam dates? Is this the 'Cheltenham Girls High' issue or something else that happened?? He said he could not rely on the 'security' of the CSSA paper??

Im kind of annoyed that we arn't doing the CSSA paper - the test questions seem to be of a good 'standard' - most similar to the HSC.. also - there is past papers we can do as preparation.. My school generally sets wonky tests with highly ambigious questions.. anyway all I can do is study and try my hardest!!
The CSSA trial exams do not have as much security as the HSC exams. It is usually up to schools to take care of those issues.
One issue that was rumoured about the CSSA trial exam is that many tutors also purchase the paper and hence some may resort to indirect cheating when they receive it. This is just a rumour and I have no idea if it is true or not.

helper

HSC
N/A
A l said:
The CSSA trial exams do not have as much security as the HSC exams. It is usually up to schools to take care of those issues.
One issue that was rumoured about the CSSA trial exam is that many tutors also purchase the paper and hence some may resort to indirect cheating when they receive it. This is just a rumour and I have no idea if it is true or not.
I haven't seen it occur with the CSSA paper but have come across this occuring with the Independent paper.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
bottle01 said:
OMG...our school's trial is in 2 weeks...starts on the day after Queen's birthday...everyone is feeling the intense and stress :burn: ...

I'M NOT READY YET!!!>_<
WOW that is rather early to have trials, you must of had your half yearlies early also....good luck!

greenapple^0^

HSC
omg everyone knows when they going to have their trials....god damn it i'm so slow...or maybe my school is slow..
i know that this is a random question and all but can i ask.. does your name of your high school matters on your hsc??? coz i heard dat you can get better result if you go to better school?? is that true..?:confused:

HSC
My school uses the Catholic papers. they start august 6. I think a fair few schools use them. You can get the timetable if you google it but no times... ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)