Trial questions (1 Viewer)

~LEAH~

HSC
I know its pushing it a bit tight but I thought we could make a thread of trial questions. This could help in just thinking about how you would go about tackling a number of different questions.

So my trial question for imaginative journeys was:

"The world would be a less interesting place without the range of experiences imaginative journeys provide."
Evaluate this statement in relation to your response to teh imaginative journeys of individuals in the texts you have studied.
(One prescribed text, one text from stimulus booklet, and one related text of own choosing).

OUr creative question was:
A new book is to be published called : 'Fear No Barrier: Journeys of Amzing Men and Women.
Write a text, based on an imaginary person that could be published in a book.

I hope this proves useful.

Good luck everyone with studying :D

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Perfect, some from my English Teacher:

'Journeys often lead to a greater sense of self.'
Discuss with reference to your prescribed text, one text form the Stimulus Booklet and at least one other related text.

'As people journey through life, the journeying itself is often more important than the destination.'
Discuss with reference to your prescribed text, one text form the Stimulus Booklet and at least one other related text.

Write a feature article in which you profile the experiences of a range of people, real or fictional, that have embarked on important journeys.

How have the texts you have studied this year effectively shaped your understanding of the notion of journeys?

'Journeys usually involve both positive and negative elements.'
Write a speech to a group of students completing their HSC Area of Study in 2008, speaking in response to the above statement.
Refer to your prescribed text, one text form the Stimulus Booklet and at least one other related text.

~LEAH~

HSC
Wow those are great!

Forbidden. said:
Write a feature article in which you profile the experiences of a range of people, real or fictional, that have embarked on important journeys.

Ahh how do you tackle that one though:confused:

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
~LEAH~ said:
Wow those are great!

Ahh how do you tackle that one though:confused:
I only attempted the second and fifth one and I have sent responses to both questions to my English teacher and a university lecturer for feedback.

As for that feature article, I would discuss both real and fictional characters because the characters in my prescribed text (Away) and stimulus (The Wind in the Willows) are fictional whereas my own related text has a real character.

I thought all Standard and Advanced students by now have an idea of composing feature articles, I've done one before in the trials.

Last edited:

collide

HSC
"The journey, not the arrival, matters."
Discuss this statement focusing on how composers of texts represent the concept of the journey.

The BOS is reviewing the selection of prescribed texts in the AOS The Journey
In a letter/email outline why you believe your prescribed text is an appropriate selection for the AOS The Journey and should be retained as a text within the specific focus of either Physical, Imaginative or Inner Journeys. You should include a discussion of the text's ideas, which expanded your understanding and how these ideas are represented.
Make connections with other related texts including ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet, Journeys, and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing to justify your argument.

samuel slack

HSC
I haven't done a feature article since last year. I think I need to revise them a bit. I must have done the same trial as you did Leah, because I remember doing those questions.

~LEAH~

HSC
Forbidden. said:

I thought all Standard and Advanced students by now have an idea of composing feature articles, I've done one before in the trials.
Its not the feature article that was confusing me just the fictional and real characters... We haven't really got a question like this before.:bomb:

Woohoo! Same trial. What school do you go to Samuel?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
~LEAH~ said:
Its not the feature article that was confusing me just the fictional and real characters... We haven't really got a question like this before.:bomb:

Woohoo! Same trial. What school do you go to Samuel?
1) I'm not Samuel.
2) I do Physical Journeys and the trial question was something I vaguely remember as "Realities and Possibilities" and I'm very sure it was set by my school Model Farms.

~LEAH~

HSC
Forbidden. said:
1) I'm not Samuel.
2) I do Physical Journeys and the trial question was something I vaguely remember as "Realities and Possibilities" and I'm very sure it was set by my school Model Farms.
lol I was talking to samuel slack who said he had the same trial questions as me. Sorry if the quote confused you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)