Trials and ATAR (1 Viewer)

srsly_br0

HSC
N/A
I'm sitting on an estimate of like 91-93 ATAR based off assumptions from people (Yeah I know blah blah don't rely on estimates) and I go to a selective school.
Realistically speaking how well will I have to do in my trials to achieve my aim of 95 or over? Will I have to completely ace my trials (which are like 40% each subject) or can I perform higher than average and achieve my goal? Is this kind of stuff even determinable?

I know that the external HSC also matters significantly but I just want to know how well I'm going to have to do in trials to raise my ranks up.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
well considering it's worth 40% you'll have to do well, obviously

Machiavelli1

HSC
Pretty hard to determine how much you have to score as it changes based on quality of cohort etc. I'd aim for 90% at least for all subjects i guess. That should be sufficient for you to move up. Also take into account that others could be in the same boat as you.

srsly_br0

HSC
N/A
I don't know what answers people want with these type of questions
I don't know what the point of my question was and I know when these questions are asked the OP is usually looks for answers that fit their hopes. But I just wanted to know the possibility of still doing well enough. And my question's been answered, so whatever. :)

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
I don't know what the point of my question was and I know when these questions are asked the OP is usually looks for answers that fit their hopes. But I just wanted to know the possibility of still doing well enough. And my question's been answered, so whatever. :)
so basically motivation? and to hear a story?

Okay; I know how to answer these questions now. With some inspirational quotes of a generic website molded to fit the context of the HSC. Excellent

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
become an sick BoSer and just ace trials; don't even aim 95+, 99 atar all the way :)

srsly_br0

HSC
N/A
so basically motivation? and to hear a story?

Okay; I know how to answer these questions now. With some inspirational quotes of a generic website molded to fit the context of the HSC. Excellent
What? No. I just wanted an answer to my question. All I was hoping was that I didn't HAVE to absolutely ace my trials in order to achieve my aim.
Chill.

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
What? No. I just wanted an answer to my question. All I was hoping was that I didn't HAVE to absolutely ace my trials in order to achieve my aim.
Chill.
Well; to achieve desired 95+ ATAR don't you think it might be common sense to do well in the trials, furthermore in assignments, class tests, etc, etc? People generally don't get "good" atars just by sitting on their hands and doing the bare minimum, of course you will need to do well.

It may also help to read previous threads, the board of studies website, and UAC website to answer those questions that are being asked repeately by a new user on a frequent basis? "how much does X scale?", "Is 3U hard?" "What mark do I need for (insert unrealistically high atar here)?" etc, etc
________

We can stop the arguing here before the thread derails - You can PM me if you want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)