Trials And Hsc (1 Viewer)

Twilight25

HSC
A friend told me that if i fail trials, that means that i wont be able to redeem myself in the hsc.....if that true?

Cause if it is, what a bummer because i know i failed my trials :S

If someone can explain this plz do.

HSC
no if u fail misserably u can still pick urself up in the hsc
however it is gonna let ur score down a lil, but dont worry there is the hsc just study hard between now and the hsc and do ur best, that is all u can do really

but pleases dont stress it is not worth it!!

wLym

HSC
Twilight25 said:
A friend told me that if i fail trials, that means that i wont be able to redeem myself in the hsc.....if that true?
I hope not.

Twilight25 said:
Cause if it is, what a bummer because i know i failed my trials :S
sorry to hear that. u got any tips for me, im just about to fail mine =(

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
your friend is a moron.

hsc = approx 50% of your mark.

runnable

HSC
You can ALWAYS redeem yourself in the HSC. Your trials' weighting is probably 30% of the external HSC.

What you can't redeem is probably UAI 100 or UAI 99.95 as you may not get that high even if you get 100% for externals.

Twilight25

HSC
runnable said:
You can ALWAYS redeem yourself in the HSC. Your trials' weighting is probably 30% of the external HSC.

What you can't redeem is probably UAI 100 or UAI 99.95 as you may not get that high even if you get 100% for externals.
I hope so cause i think i got like 20% for my maths trials....:S soo is it possible to get a uai of 80+ if im able to redeem myself?

runnable

HSC
Twilight25 said:
I hope so cause i think i got like 20% for my maths trials....:S soo is it possible to get a uai of 80+ if im able to redeem myself?

Lol 20% is pretty bad but your goal is not too high. Just think about it. If you get 100% for your externals...

Twilight25

HSC
runnable said:
Lol 20% is pretty bad but your goal is not too high. Just think about it. If you get 100% for your externals...
100% for externals?

OH dammit. So much for redeeming myself

seano77

Walk On
HSC
runnable said:
Yeah but because of the way the ranking system works wont Twilight25 get their internal rank's relative eternal mark, not the 100% they achieved? The person ranked first internally would get this, right?

white ferret

HSC
seano77 said:
Yeah but because of the way the ranking system works wont Twilight25 get their internal rank's relative eternal mark, not the 100% they achieved? The person ranked first internally would get this, right?
yup. that's what i heard. so if you stuffed up your trials (ie. ranked badly), try to get your whole cohort's marks up.

runnable

HSC
seano77 said:
Yes... but he gets to keep his own 100% as his external mark. Which is going to be a big boost.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
runnable said:
Yes... but he gets to keep his own 100% as his external mark. Which is going to be a big boost.
But thats only if they're ranked first internally, and if they fail their trials its probably assumed they dont rank first.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
waitttt..
let me get this straight =|
even if he gets 100.. someone else gets that markk!!???
WTH =|

bling05

HSC
seano77 said:
But thats only if they're ranked first internally, and if they fail their trials its probably assumed they dont rank first.
WRONG.

You keep your external HSC mark no matter what.

* rachel .. `'

HSC
i don't understand the whole rank thing for trials . you come first in your class, that's great. but how does it affect your UAI?

HSC
* rachel .. `' said:
i don't understand the whole rank thing for trials . you come first in your class, that's great. but how does it affect your UAI?
Yes but your school rank too. Lot of people from here last year went to uni this year. So yea my school is in one of top in NSW!!! Sorry made you jealous lol.
Trials doesn't affect your UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)