• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trials around the corner! (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
Hey guys, with the trials so close I was wondering what study methods to use these holidays to study for them. They start for me 2nd week back and I'm not prepared one bit for any subject! Juss wondering what would be best to do now?

Any advice would be highly appreciated!
Thanks.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I'm choosing to go over all the syllabus points, learn all the content , learn quotes and *most importantly* DO PRACTICE ANSWERS!

MOST IMPORTANT!

You should be doing practice exams, writing practice essays and getting your friends and teachers to mark them.

Lastly...good luck ;)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Cmon gordo be nice...

give some advice 2 us poor kidos

u prob aced the trials!

HSC
yeah, basically stick to the silly-bus (as the most intelligent teachers at my school refer to it) and don't just do past trials...do past actual hsc papers as well, I mean most schools try to replicate an hsc paper in their trials so that would definitely be beneficial for you.

lol, I'm giving you all this advice to study for trials...if only I could use it myself :( i have 4 assessments week 2! and then trials a week later :'( i shall forever cry a river

Raspberry

HSC
Most definately, the best thing to do is to understand every dot point and try to do as many past exam papers as you can. The examiners want to test you on what you have learnt, they can't give you any questions that are outside of the syllabus so if you can just understand the dotpoints and how all of them interrelate then you should do well.
When you are doing past papers and want to check up on your answers, i recommend going for the "success one" textbooks. The answers they have in there are flawless, try and adapt to the their style of solution (especially for those high mark questions).

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
u see,
04` didn;t have to worry about trials,
cause something called the olympics was on literally during them, so no one studied and we were all in the same boat.

but if u want a tip, regurgitate everything your teacher has told u during the year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)