Trials Eco and Eng Paper 2 (Modules on same day)?! (1 Viewer)

yoyo0904

HSC
So my situation is that I have Economics AND Modules English Paper on the SAME day. So that's like 5 essays as well as short answers and MC. The thing is, for my last assessment block Economics was the subject I studied the second hardest for but I ended up with a 48%...coming 2nd last in the cohort. So I'm naturally un-economics minded and a lot of the concepts I can't seem to wrap around my head. So since Economics and English are on the same day - should I just fully/mostly focus on English and try to get a really good mark in that or should I do both (and most likely stress out, burn out and fail both)?

If I screw up economics real bad this time around in trials, and somehow do better in the HSC, is it worth it?

FYI I go to a top 15 school and am ranked around average for English Advanced. Thanks I'm just really concerned and stressed about this since trials are in like 2 weeks.

sy37

HSC
48% and not last? How is that a top 15 ranking school??

sy37

HSC
48% and not last? How is that a top 15 ranking school??

no one in my eco class is that retarded, and we buy exam papers in a 300ish school

tbh I'd just focus all on english

aanthnnyyy

HSC
I have legal on same day as eng pap 2 so pretty much on the #5essayboat

KTexpensive

HSC
I have Paper 2 and Geography on the same day so yay essays

A few people in my cohort have rescheduled their Geography exam, with a fake reason or botched medical certificate which semi annoys me but whatever it's an option if you're into the deceptiveness kinda thing I guess

At the end of the day though sounds like you should probably spend some time grasping the concepts for economics so you can get a half decent mark for it. English is one of those subjects (I find) you can wing the exam if you know already your texts, quotes, techniques etc.

Last edited:

Rinnyy

HSC
Divide your time evenly between the two, I know if it's a subject you don't do as well in, you can tend to get stressed and lose motivation to study when revising it (well at least for me).

If you need any help with explanation on economics, I have some pretty basic notes I can send you that highlight main points. I don't know if it would be helpful, but pm me if you'd like them.

Good luck for your trials!!! I understand that when exams double up (esp those with high content), it can be extremely stressful.

Christofu01

HSC
I have my jap speaking on the 1st of August, and then english paper 1 and jap reading/writing listening on the 3rd (first day of trials block), should be fun. Oh and don't forget food tech and ext 2 maths on the last day of trials, both 3 hours kill me now

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Study for both. If you prepare very well beforehand (by this I mean you are ready for both exams a few weeks before and consolidate in the lead up to the trial exams) then you can do well in both.

Also, consider how many units you are doing. If you have 10 units, then you should definitely not neglect Economics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)