Trials..fair? (1 Viewer)

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
hey, well i just finished my trials, and i dont think many of us did all that well, but some may of had advantages over others, and before i continue i know studying is an on going process an cramming is not recomended.
my school had a really weird system in my prespective , the week before our trials many of us doing social science and maths subjects had assesment, thus most of us were basically given the weekend to study for trials. expecially the kids who did business studies, we had a topic exam on global that friday. and those students whom does all sciences and english, they had that whole week off to study for their exams.
i was wondering isnt there some 'cooling off' periods before trials? and if there isnt, what do you guys think?

tennille

HSC
Not really. I had a chemistry practical exam the Friday before the trials started. Most students just finish the course just before the trial commence.

Your cooling off period starts now. This is when you begin to revise everything at school. I know it is just one thing after the other, but it is almost over. :)

dany_starlet

HSC
There's nothing you can really do about it...

We had our Drama HSC performances on the second monday of our trials weeks which was really annoying but what can you do?! We also had our major individual projects to hand in aswell on that day.

This coming monday is the due date for the visual art BOW (major).. the monday after our trials...

YEP. I know how much it sucks....

rabdog

ert
HSC
N/A
Cram is the ultimate technique.
Is it proven that we would learn more in short bursts of working say a couple of hours then a break.... or just many hours of work and then sleep?

I don't think your course is designed to be easy... if it was then everyone would be ripping up high scores and the academics would be hardly distinguished from the non-academics !

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
rabdog said:
Is it proven that we would learn more in short bursts of working say a couple of hours then a break.... or just many hours of work and then sleep?
That's true.

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
eheh cramming works, but couple of days later we 4get a section of it, as u said short bursts, wont last long though, and yea..sleep..i had the best sleep last nite! no more trials for me!!!
and good luck to dany_startlet ^_^ hope you all the best with all your majors and trials..!

tennille

HSC
Cramming itself is not good (eg. studying the night before a HSC exam especially for English). But studying and having breaks every 1/2 hour or hour will stop you from getting bored and will help you absorb information much better.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
no not fair at all
in my modern history class only 1 person passed in the trials and the marks were 55% and most of the smart people in my modern class failed miserable
like everyone else, alot of people didnt realise there was 4 essay for modern and ended up doing only 3 essays only
and over half the year 12 english failed in the trials as well
i think no one did really well as they suppose to do....

damn catholic papers

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
At my school (and many others) there is a 2 week non-assesment period before the trials where NO other assesments can be set. However its really up to the school what they do....

rama_v

HSC
bitchgirl said:
no not fair at all
in my modern history class only 1 person passed in the trials and the marks were 55% and most of the smart people in my modern class failed miserable
like everyone else, alot of people didnt realise there was 4 essay for modern and ended up doing only 3 essays only
and over half the year 12 english failed in the trials as well
i think no one did really well as they suppose to do....

damn catholic papers
Theres no excuse for ppl who dont read instructions in the paper and do the wrong questions IMO. THey deserve the marks they get for being so stupid

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
We also have a policy of no assessments 2 weeks before the trials. However we had to cut into that time this year as there were some cheaters and also the Australian mathematic exam force our ext1 math class to have an exam rescheduled.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
My school has a policy of having assessments due/held during the week before our trials, but really there's nothing you can do. Everybody has different timetables, and some people are naturally going to have advantages for certain subjects because of this. During the CSSA trials I had English AOS, Economics, SOR and English (Adv) in three days...I just had to deal with it.

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
Deus said:
At my school (and many others) there is a 2 week non-assesment period before the trials where NO other assesments can be set. However its really up to the school what they do....
this is the 2 weeks im talking about..i once thougt it was a board of studies rule...guess not..
got most of my marks back, im not happy at all, i was just ahead of 2nd place for business and pdhpe, i lost my lead to ppl whom had no assesments like me ><
worked for nothing damit!

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
we havent done about 1 topic in chem.. out school keeps us learning till the very last day on the 23rd. :(

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yep were still plodding along for bio and chem, and maths. AAGGGHHH!!! haha i really cant see myself studyign for the HSC. i never ever study. for anything. and i do ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)