• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

TRIALS = how'd u go? (1 Viewer)

Saul

*ss
HSC
Originally posted by peters
and everyone else please keep it quiet about the trials...

to make it fair for you and others
shit people, what do you all care? we're all from completely different schools, and besides it's only year 12! god you people are taking this seriously...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Yeah you know, it's only year Yr 12, only going to help us into Uni which then in turn only puts us in the same job for the next 50 years.

Saul

*ss
HSC
do you really think even 100 people at different schools getting a better mark than you in the internal assessment is gonna change your UAI even slightly?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I don't really care. All I know is, i've bludged my arse off in year 11 & in the half-yearlys, i'm not taking these trials lightly. If that's offended you, bad luck.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by peters
Toodulu STOP ASKING QUESTIONS about english

DO THE TEST YOURSELF TO MAKE IT FAIR FOR OTHERS
urgh, i'm not doing the same paper :rolleyes:

if i was doing the same paper, i would've done it already. today. you know, like everyone else.
my school has its own exams, my trials hasn't started. i'm just curious about what sort of questions they asked, i won't get the same ones. knowing the questions won't help me... like, at all.

i can't believe i'm explaining this. again.

as if finding out the trial questions would be this easy. :rolleyes: just think about it for 2 seconds before accusing anyone of cheating

phht, i'll leave you to it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

Saul

*ss
HSC
i agree you shouldn't take trials lightly, you should study your ass off. but there's no call to then go off and be a (no offense) tightass whore. everybody who is doing the catholic trials, has already done them.

even so tho, i take my HSC fairly seriously too, but i'd glady share whats in any given exam to friends, just cause i'd love to helped out in that situation too.

Huy

HSC
N/A
I think this is my fault, because toods thought I was talking about her when I was talking about "cheating" before a few pages back.

I was just thinking about it before and so I was 'putting it out there' that somebody who had not completed CSSA, or to those who were sick today, they could sit for their paper tomorrow, having known the questions beforehand (ie visiting BoS).

but i didn't accuse anyone,
I was just saying "what if..." and asking if it were at all possible to do so, but now I know that you get an average mark or an ammended/changed question.

sorry for the upheaval toods, didn't mean to point the finger or anything at you specifically (which i didn't do... but if that's how you interpreted it ... then d'oh.. it's just another reason why i don't like the internet, there isn't any TONE/expression - besides emoticons which, in itself, is limited :))

Saul

*ss
HSC
i didn't mean you personally... i meant all the people taking the HSC too seriously. all the people who don't share notes and refuse to help friends... basically the kind of people who think that sharing experience about trials on the internet will get them a low UAI... if you're that kind of person, then so be it.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Nah, I take the HSC seriously because I don't want to end up with no future. I know it's not the end of the world, but it's still important and i'd like to go well. I'll share notes, I just won't give answers or what not.

pri

HSC
N/A
I had my english trials last week, so here is what they gave us (fort street high)

in my trial for english inAOS, sec 2 they made us right a feature article on society in 2010 in one area (eg. enviro, education, politics..) I chose environment...dunno how I went.

for change it was a change is evitable type of ques, cant remember exactly

in the wild- interview with Ridley scott (bladerunner)

transformations - interview with on of the compowers

critical study - comment how an individual can read things in someways, but there are other ways (somthing like that)

power play- speech on the nature of power

well I hope that helps y'all, I had 3 u maths today and it was really hard (and dont u hate when good 3 unit and all 4 unit friends comment on how easy it is?!?!)

then I got 2 unit maths and 3 unit english tomoz!!! 5 hours!! eek!!

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
ok. guys. guys. lets get this straight. yes the HSC is important.

yes we shoul;d study hard for it becasue it can get us into courses we want to do to lead us in the future.

but if we dont get the UAi we need, its not the end of the world.

i agree with saul that sharing notes will not lower your UAI.. lets face it - we hardly remember word for word what our notes say, just the key points.

and eventually everyone is going to know the same things except t depends on how you word them and what context they are put in.

capiche? :rolleyes: :D

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Hahaha, that's just like the thread asking where to find notes.

We did the CSSA trials today, didn't like them very much. Still spewing about that creative writing question. What a crock.

Saul

*ss
HSC
the creative writing was fair shit actually

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Exactly. I didn't like the whole "change throughout lives" thing. I'm only 17, I haven't lived my whole life yet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)