• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trials Marks and Guide Books (1 Viewer)

HSC
Geography: 23.5 out of 50.

Science: 50 out of 90 something (they crossed out a few questions)

English: 59 out of something..

I can't remember the rest. Everyone failed the maths one though.

FIRST POST WoOo.

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
Stephh said:
Geography: 23.5 out of 50.

Science: 50 out of 90 something (they crossed out a few questions)

English: 59 out of something..

I can't remember the rest. Everyone failed the maths one though.

FIRST POST WoOo.
EVERYONE failed maths?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Overstatement of the year ^ ^

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I'm guessing that the term 'everyone' is a reference to the people in her class and the people who are around her.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Our school doesn't have trials for Geography and History, I think they used the unit test we had. My Science was different to yours. Mine wasn't too bad 79% Screwed up in the one answer and long response question though >.<" English, I thought they would stop us for section 2 T_T I wasted a lot of time so that's already 30 marks gone O_O I was bound to fail English. Haven't got my marks though.

jellybelly59

HSC
Sci: 90%+ can't remember.... :( (same as everyone else.... stupid endocrine and ecosystem in short answers :'(
Maths:85%
Eng: Don't know i fink i bombed out :(
Geo: Haven't got it back yet... and OMG dere taking forever to give it back because dey double mark
His: Think i did alright... but didn't get it back yet....

Well.... i think for study guides i use excel and i try to use the board of studies past papers as a guide.... its good cause dey have really good sample answers and be sure to check the syllabus cause all the questions are based on them (says my teachers....) lol! :D

gl everyone for SC :D:D:D:D:D

jellybelly :D

eliseliselise

HSC
hahahha i got 89% for science and 91% for english, our science was our yearly test and was pretty tacky so i dont think any other schools would have done it.... and the english one...i dont know. there was a rather long about 7 page "short" (comparatively 2 some books. ok. yeah whatever) story about a young lad being forced to succumb to peer pressure by some natives on a beach during some fine summer holiday, he wants to be able to swim through this deep down, dark, mysterious hole at the bottom of the ocean etc!! anyway after the 2 week holiday or whatever it was- he finally managed, and felt an incredible sense of personal satisfaction. kinda reminded me of december boys. without the orphans. and was somewhat.. bildungsromana in nature!!

oh and for geo/history is was last years paper!!!! the 06 SC!!!! AAAH!!!! LAZINESS AT 12 O'CLOCK!!! and to make matters worse.. they didn't even mark it! :'( we went through it in class like they used to do in yesteryear... but i dont give a rats arse how i do in geo/his anyway!! history is confusing.

i am very very concerned..

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Wow, Elise, you do Accelerated Extension 2 Maths? :eek:

militiaman

HSC
We did trials with all of our yearlys last term, though we've now done a separate 5.1 maths trial and we're about to do a geography one.

Maths 5.1- 60-something/100
Holy crap this was hard. I do 5.3 maths and am around top of our class, but I was stumped with a lot of these questions, and it seems everyone else was as well. Was the test with the 2:3 cows pig ratio thing that someone mentioned before.
Science- 73/~86
Not sure if any of you guys did this one, I think our teachers set it. In the short answer questions you had to answer things about oil and V=IR. Came second, had pretty difficult multiple choice and insane written answers at the end of it. Who here knows what an axon is off he top of their head?
English- ~90%
Not enough time for writing at the end! I hate how you have to come up with and write an interesting narrative all in the space of 40 mins. If anyone had the one with the narrative on celebrating difference, this was it.
History- 47/50
Aced this, as per usual with all history tests. I know for sure that we bought this test, it had the stuff up sources multiple choice question and a long response on changes in technology in a chosen decade.
Geography- 37/50
Came first believe it or not. The multiple choice was completely bull, vague and stupid questions, only got 15/20. The long responses were written by our teachers, and I think I did reasonably well here.

Btw did anyone do this year's History and Geography NSW competitions? Post your results.

Geography- 43/50
History- 47/50

nipsta

CEO
HSC
omgosh there was this question in our science trails test:
"name an Australian female scientist that had made a valuable contrabution in her field or society"or something like that.....
did anyone have that absurd question in their test too?

who would have thought that was going to be in the test? =(

i made up some random name up like jonna jones from csiro :)
and had a big fat cross next to it when i got it back.

but i guess its worth knowing....

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I got that question as well. Fiona Wood. Easy.

jazzbaby

HSC
omg
i have that excel revise in a month thingo

haha the science one has SO much content usin that book i got a 75 in trials when i usually get 60s for science

and using maths i got 86 in trials but im aiite at math

i guess they helped

but oh god
i DISLIKE science
lol

ProtoStrategist

HSC
English: 55/90 geez..if i finished short story i would have got more marks as well as managing my time well.
Science: 51% very hard..hated the response questions
Maths 104/180..different exam comparing to other schools coz it was written by our maths teacher..if i had studied which i didn't i could have got more.but one person got full marks...
History: 66 % would have got more if i wrote a better response n finished the test as well as not stuffing up on multiple choice
Geography: 68% stuffed up on multiple choice
PDHPE: 66 % ..dun care
Computing Test: 74 %... which was nothing comparing to those who got scores in the 90s

n waiting 4 commerce..

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
ProtoStrategist said:
English: 55/90 geez..if i finished short story i would have got more marks as well as managing my time well.
Science: 51% very hard..hated the response questions
Maths 104/180..different exam comparing to other schools coz it was written by our maths teacher..if i had studied which i didn't i could have got more.but one person got full marks...
History: 66 % would have got more if i wrote a better response n finished the test as well as not stuffing up on multiple choice
Geography: 68% stuffed up on multiple choice
PDHPE: 66 % ..dun care
Computing Test: 74 %... which was nothing comparing to those who got scores in the 90s

n waiting 4 commerce..
Why did you do a PD exam?

ProtoStrategist

HSC
PDHPE yearly was part of our school trials..sorry if i didn't make it clear the first time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)