Trials will be the death of me (1 Viewer)

Castiella

HSC
N/A
I know I pretty much have failed the English section or barely passed it because it completely destroyed me. I can write essays and all that but the question I received, I could not answer (Not CSSA). That aside, I still have the rest of my trials lined up one after the other and I'm really tempted to go to sleep right now and not continue studying. I wish my parents would have let me drop out of school in year 10. I've had about 8 hours of sleep over the past two days and am currently sick which is great but I need to study.

What do I do? I feel like I should just accept defeat and go to bed. I keep procrastinating anyway because I'm tired and my mind won't concentrate.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Calm down.

Sleep a bit more.

Then do more study before your exams.

Castiella

HSC
N/A
I know I should have studied earlier but I didn't and exams are on consecutive days so the only thing I can do now is study the night before. Could I just flunk it and go to sleep and hope to remember everything learnt in class? Should I just proclaim that I'm too sick to do exams? I don't even know anymore.

ShadowLighte

HSC
Hey. You might not have done well in your English exams but that doesn't mean you're going to fail the subject as a whole. Taking all of what you said into consideration, I think the most important thing for you is your health. I know it's trials and it feels like the end of the world but one full night of rest would help your recover and get things back on track so you can ace your other exams. There would be nothing worse than staying up all night to study and then going to the exam exhausted and not being able to answer questions because of your lack of sleep. You should get your hands on topic summaries and revise from there, assuming you do homework and class work. There are plenty of resources online, especially here. You'll get through this. You still have the externals. If that doesn't work out, at least you know you tried and can go through alternate pathways and there's no shame in that. Don't beat yourself up, there's still time, hope. Also, you are bound to be a part of a pretty big number of students in a similar situation to you.

tl,dr - go to sleep and take a break because it would be better in the long run. Find summaries of whatever your subjects are and read through them to familiarise yourself with what you've probably forgotten. Try not to freak out, it's not the end of the world.

Best of luck, hope your get well soon :)

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Sleep is important for memory functioning.

Remember HSC externals still count for 50% so you still have a lot of extra marks to gain even if you stuff up trials.

Good luck...

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I think you should take this as a life lesson (almost). Like even though you think you screwed up one exam, you still have heaps of other ones left. Life still goes on and its better to approach these exams with a less negative mindset and do your best. Imagine those feels after you finish trials and know you did at least 1-2 really good exams. That's way better than feeling crappy about one exam and letting that affect the rest of your other ones, and you just feel bad about the whole ordeal. Its the same with more important things in life - stay resilient and things start looking up.

Also take a nap or something before doing study. There's no way you can study efficiently if you're body isn't ready.

Best of luck for trials!! :)

senorceepa

HSC
I know how you feel~ Got 9 hours of sleep since Sunday (not including the nap I took during the legal exam). My plan for the evening/early morning: Gym, Yoga Class, Dinner, Study.

Also, try psyching out your classmates in the exam room. It works.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I know I pretty much have failed the English section or barely passed it because it completely destroyed me. I can write essays and all that but the question I received, I could not answer (Not CSSA). That aside, I still have the rest of my trials lined up one after the other and I'm really tempted to go to sleep right now and not continue studying. I wish my parents would have let me drop out of school in year 10. I've had about 8 hours of sleep over the past two days and am currently sick which is great but I need to study.

What do I do? I feel like I should just accept defeat and go to bed. I keep procrastinating anyway because I'm tired and my mind won't concentrate.
I'm going to recommend that getting a sufficient amount of sleep before an exam will be worth more than the last few hours of cramming.

Academics is not just study, it's about knowing when to rest as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)