Trials (1 Viewer)

babywhitto

Have you guys done any part of your music trials yet?!

We did the written today...prac is in 2weeks.

The written was ok...but i just needed a bit more time on one questions...sucks balls.

what bout you guys?

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
did written....question was the one about "composers use varying degrees of tradition and innovation"....i think it was a hsc question a few years ago...
hehe i did it as a practice essay :D
what were all your questions?

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
Our essay q. was a Debussy Quote about how music can't be confined to tradition and it is more about colour and rhythm, or something like that.

lucky caus i had lots of extended technique quotes, so they worked really well with the question :)

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
We did that paper too, I found it a very good essay question.
I loved the fact that the melody dictation was from Chocolat....I love that movie!!

*Begins rant*
And I REALLY did not like the score attatchment B, fish tales or whatever it was. I was quite painful to listen to really. And was not sung very well. Those sopranos were reeeally shrill on the high Ab's. :vcross:
The last note, falsetto, sung by the men was also woefully out of tune. By almost a semitone :vcross: . That is just shocking.
*Ends rant*

But overall it was a very good paper.

babywhitto

ok ours wasnt like that...we listened to excerpts fom Westside Story and oh god cant remember other ones...ours were fine. just talking bout the usual structure and all that.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
we listened to some marimba exerpt and a piece callled way out west which was absolutely beautiful.....forget who it was by....but its aussie :D

avalonian

HSC
cssa trial

hey, i just did the trial 2 days ago

i did the one with the chocolat thing in it, the cssa trial cos my school's too lazy to make one of their own. I don't know about anyone else but half our class started giggling when that fishing song came on and the thing that happened at the end. How are you supposed to keep a straight face during that? it was the stupidest piece of crap ive ever heard, i dont know who listens to that type of music unless for a joke. at least it gave me something to laugh at during trials.

I hated the melody thing too, when it's done on a woodwind instrument I find it really hard to pitch the intervals cos of the harmonics that come through, i dont know about anyone else. Should be on a trumpet. They're cool.

Last edited:

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
avalonian said:
I hated the melody thing too, when it's done on a woodwind instrument I find it really hard to pitch the intervals cos of the harmonics that come through, i dont know about anyone else. Should be on a trumpet. They're cool.
Nah, for that piece you couldn't have used any other instrument. The tone was sooo perfect! Brass would have been way too harsh.

wizard146

HSC
demosthenes said:
we listened to some marimba exerpt and a piece callled way out west which was absolutely beautiful.....forget who it was by....but its aussie :D
I know the piece you're talking about- it is by Graeme Koehne. I don't do Music 2 (I would love to but I am stuck doing Music 1 because our school wouldn't run a Music 2 class just for me!) but I love Way Out West, it is one of my favourite pieces. :)

i did the cssa paper and i don't know about anyone else but i found the melodic dictation REALLY REALLY difficult, not only the pitch intervals but the rhythm too

magicspell

HSC
yeh we did cssa too. melodic dictation was hard - lucky perfect pitch ppl got it straight away..grrr

sambo_rambo

HSC
wizard146 said:
I know the piece you're talking about- it is by Graeme Koehne. I don't do Music 2 (I would love to but I am stuck doing Music 1 because our school wouldn't run a Music 2 class just for me!) but I love Way Out West, it is one of my favourite pieces. :)
I love that piece too! We did that trial today...was it the independant trial?

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
yes i think it may have been with a different essay question.
Like 2 dictations? One rhythm and one melody?
And a crazy merimba piece?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)