Trials (1 Viewer)

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
ciaoo rieccomi qui...!! l'internet non ha funzionato a scuola per tanto tempo :( hmm i'm really lost in the conversation..
ahh ho ricevuto 92% per l'italiano yay.. (ma di nuovo 76% per listening lol)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by s2ophie
I KNOW ITS HOW IT SPOSED TO BE! (sorry just wanted to get in on the yelling action. if it was the other way it would be a split infinitive!
that's the split infinitive quote. i don't know what one is.

Kakie

that was really helpful GRAZIE mille!!
now hers something else i dont understand, we got a lecture the other day from our teacher about the word qualche, and how even tho it means some it muts be followed by the singular form ie qualcheVOLTA capite? but with grazie which means thankS why does it have to be followed by the plural and then why do you say grazie MILLE which is obviously the singular???!!! kate is very very confundulated

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
confundulated.. i like it!

um, i don't know! just weird things about languages!

s2ophie

HSC
I don't know if i'm exactly right about the split infinitive but i know it exists in english. In the siamo contro il mondo example, if you put a word in between the siamo and contro you split the infinitive (I'm guessing the infnitive in contrare) Don't worry i'm probably making things up.

i'm not really sure witht the grazie thing but grazie doen't mean thanks, it mean thankyou. Thanks is more slang and it makes you think its plural when its probably singular

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Originally posted by Kakie
that was really helpful GRAZIE mille!!
now hers something else i dont understand, we got a lecture the other day from our teacher about the word qualche, and how even tho it means some it muts be followed by the singular form ie qualcheVOLTA capite? but with grazie which means thankS why does it have to be followed by the plural and then why do you say grazie MILLE which is obviously the singular???!!! kate is very very confundulated
mille is just a number

Kakie

yeh and it basically means thanx a million but i dont get why they dont say oh i dont know...

s2ophie

HSC
when we went we said grazie molto and then our teacher told us to say grazie mille because we sounded like yobbo's!

It was so cute though cos the otherteacher who went with us who spoke no italian (she had to ask us what 'no' in Italian was) was trying to get her suitcasea cross the bridge near the train station in Venice and this guy helped her across and she had no idea what he said to her but she just said ''grasie mille' and she was so proud to of remembered it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)