• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Triathlon (1 Viewer)

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
hey i just found this section of the forum.
anyone out there into tri's. if so what club?
ive been doing tri's regulary for a year and im hooked. hopefully this year will move up to olympic distance (1.5/40/10) cant wait for the challenge.

for those of you have never done a tri you really should give it a tri :D (pun intended ), its a great sport you really learn alot about yourself.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Yeah i used to do triathlons wtih the whitlam centre out here in liverpool. I was part of the junior team - i stopped last year. Our distances were (1/15/7)

Don't you think it's weird how your legs feel like jello and lead at the same time during the last leg (run)?

stef since 1986

ooooh i dnt actualy do the tri's myself but my mum is really into it and i have alot of frends who do them thru a running club that im in... i kinda wanna get into it but im mega unfit and can neva find the time to get started...

but watching it is another story1 phwoar - courtney atkinson is a hottie!! bt VERY disapointing that he didnt make it into the olympic team. nt only is it disappointing bt its a huuuge surprise! i dnt agree with the way the australians are picked to make the olympics for triathlon. its really unfair! for example. how can rina hill be goin to the olympics wen she *happened* to have a good day ... she wins one race (and hadnt won a race for a few yrs b4 that might i add!) and now shes racing for aust in the biggest triathlon event!!

grrrr..!

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
yeaqh i agree the olympic triathlon selction process is pretty unfair especially the discretional spot, leaving out the reining men's and women world champions?wtf, but i dont really care olly distance is nothing compared to ironman most of the top triathletes will not run the olypics to focus on IMC in hawii later in the year, ultra distance is so much better, because in the olly distance there so fit they just go all out the whole way just about in IM there is actual tactics
Originally posted by babyslug

Don't you think it's weird how your legs feel like jello and lead at the same time during the last leg (run)?
yeah i hate this, but its just a matter of getting used to the feeling so i incorporate at least one brick into my training every week and just spin for the last km of the bike race,you lose a bit of time but you run past everyone when ur on fresh(er) legs.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
i think the bike leg is probably my most weary...it's so hard on not just your quads, but your back too - i never really thought of this until it started happening. I once accidentally flashed everyone my bum when my costume got caught on the seat.

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
just get a forward mounting saddle post, sort of converts a road bike into a tri bike and takes some of the strain off ur quads but u lose some power, so u should go to 650 cc wheels. although this is not a good idea if there are lots of hills in ur area

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)