Triple J is my friend no longer (1 Viewer)

G

genavania

I dont know what they are doing with this urban music month but it isnt funny. Maybe 5 mins would make me chuckle but a whole month? they must be kidding

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Go listen to another channel then?

Personally I dont mind listening to most of the music, just to 'broaden' my listening taste, and I must admit I've heard stuff on there that I wouldn't normally have liked, but ended up bopping my head to.

Its very simple, don't like the music, switch the station. It can't cater for everyone's tastes all the time.

Mongke

HSC
i cant listen to tripple J for more than about 10 mins cos some of those songs they play make me want to bomb radio stations. :chainsaw: its really not fair on the unsuspecting public....

Gangels

HSC
I dont think i've listened to Triple J since it went soft about 4 or 5 years ago. Bernard fanning? I dont mind him but they've turned into a teeny bopping station. Even a few years ago when queens of the stone age was the number one choice for hottest 100. Call me insane but thats a big leap.

lego

HSC
N/A
the hottest 100 is voted by the listeners, so blame the public, not the station

hachoo

HSC
I recall JJJ had an arguement over whether they were going to go commercial because they weren't receiving enough funding. Bit sad really, only one of few stations that play decent music.

Hottest 100 is voted by the listeners, but also by randoms who's friends listen to Nova and the like. Then they vote bernard fanning and whatevers on their stations.

Markazzo

HSC
Triple J is still my friend. Library Spice's house party last weekend was a rocking way to both finish an assingment and make me feel bad for staying home on a Saturday night.

NRuus

Australialainen Suomessa
HSC
I have been listening to Triple J for years and i have to agree with the fact that the music choice has gone down in terms of not being the stuff played on every other radio station and i don't really like Jay and the Doctor as breakfast hosts...Adam and Wil were so much better! Though Jay and the Doctor have come through with some more interesting music lately i think.

I think one of the main reasons i still listen to it is i would go insane if I had to listen to alot of the music on other stations. Triple M and WSFM are really the only other stations i listen to because i like rock music and the classic stuff but they would still send me insane.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
DigitalFortress said:
i agree man

"genitals....i mean gentiles....thats unfavourably close isn't it :S"
LOL,

"is a kike allowed to say wog, because that's my predicament"

:p

I'm starting to listen to more of those "like a version" covers recently. I heard this acoustic version of "crazy in love" and it sounded way way way more awesome than the original.

(ps: i'm not being racist, it was funny when he said it)

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The Magic Numbers - Crazy in Love ;)

Gangels

HSC
lego said:
the hottest 100 is voted by the listeners, so blame the public, not the station
Yes but because they've gone soft, the little teeny boppers have started listening and now we have evrything from Usher to Goddam Slipknot. And when these guys vote all we get is a light night moods soundtrack.

otay

HSC
triple j is awesome. Especially the weekyl hip hop show on monday nights. You get some great aussie stuff and great underground international stuff. The quality of rock has gone downhill, but I think so has rock music in general recently. Still better than the rest for sure. Give me space goat and Jay and the doctor over merrick n rosso babblin about dancing with the "stars". Sometimes they do play shit but just switch the 2ws. When they arent goin crazy with all their ads they play all the classics. And how can you not love Dr. Karl??? Even Hack of an arvo is good.

HSC
Gangels said:
Yes but because they've gone soft, the little teeny boppers have started listening and now we have evrything from Usher to Goddam Slipknot. And when these guys vote all we get is a light night moods soundtrack.
When did they ever play Usher? And haven't they been playing Slipknot for years?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)