Trouble with enrolling in ENGG1000 (1 Viewer)

Null

HSC
Hey, I'm getting an error every time I try and enrol in Engineering Design. Is anyone else getting this? It says "Error:Student not enrolled, class is full or student doesn't meet criteria for available places in class", but I checked and it isn't filled yet nor are there any prerequisites. I'm studying Computer Science.

Attachments

Last edited:

Demise

HSC
Same here wtf? I'm getting really annoyed. I have the same exact timetable/classes as you!

Null

HSC
Ah what do we do? Are our spots in the other classes secured still, even if we still havent fully put through engg1000?

Demise

HSC
Yes they are, but ENGG1000 is filling up slowly lol and I want to go to bed.

D94

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't worry about it too much - call UNSW tomorrow. I suspect they are waiting for the engineering streams to choose the course before computer science students since engg1000 is a core for engineering, not computer science.

Demise

HSC
I wouldn't worry about it too much - call UNSW tomorrow. I suspect they are waiting for the engineering streams to choose the course before computer science students since engg1000 is a core for engineering, not computer science.
Inb4classisfull.

Comp sci students can't do their own electives, and are given low priority on eng electives. :3

D94

HSC
N/A
Inb4classisfull.

Comp sci students can't do their own electives, and are given low priority on eng electives. :3
Don't worry, seriously, CS students did ENGG1000 when I did it in first semester. Just try again tomorrow.

Null

HSC
Well I'm glad Im not alone in this at least haha. I'll be awake for quite a while so I'll post when (if) it starts working.

Demise

HSC
Don't worry, seriously, CS students did ENGG1000 when I did it in first semester. Just try again tomorrow.
Sounds good, thanks again. Also, would you have any idea if the UNSW gym has showers? I have a two hour break and a five hour break on 2 days of mine so I need something to waste my time with.

Roscosmos

HSC
My friend has the exact same classes as you and has the exact same problem

D94

HSC
N/A
Sounds good, thanks again. Also, would you have any idea if the UNSW gym has showers? I have a two hour break and a five hour break on 2 days of mine so I need something to waste my time with.
No worries. Yeah they do have showers.

Demise

HSC
No worries. Yeah they do have showers.
Sweet as, but $270 for 3 months is a bit much. Not sure if it's worth 2times/week. That's like 24 visits for $270, no way. :|

What else can you do to waste 5 hours?

Null

HSC
Site's currently down for maint. Hopefully everything's working when it's up!

Null

HSC
UPDATE: So I called the enrolment support centre and they confirmed there didn't seem to be a reason why I was getting an error. They put me through to the faculty of engineering, where the lady told me that ENGG1000 is not a core requirement for comp sci students and they were not allowing us to take the course in semester one to high demand (although she was a lot vaguer than that). When I asked if there was a chance later on that we might be able to enrol when most of the core students had she said she couldn't be sure. So I guess that leaves us with having to do it in semester two, which I'm not exactly happy about. We can always group up if we need to hahah

Anyone know any good courses I can do instead of ENGG1000? I'm hopefully majoring in artificial intelligence, but also want to have some practice in software development related courses.

htp368

HSC
Hmmmm i cant think of any other comp sci related courses. I didnt do ENGG1000, but many people said it is a wam booster if you work hard on it. You can do physics, but its way different from the hsc and its mostly a wam killer. You can also do the other sciences as well.

By the way, if you want answers for first year mathematics quizzes, here it is:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/390697447649473/

Null

HSC
Cheers mate hah, should come in handy :) I went with psychology 1A as it's somewhat relevant and interesting (plus there will actually be girls in the course haha).

htp368

HSC
Wait.. you came to uni to look for asian girls? Trust me, there are so much of them...

Null

HSC
Oh I forgot about that hahah. I honestly didn't expect it when I came to open day, but I was finding it difficult to find another white kid in the crowds. But I'm not fussy ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)