Truman show as a related text for frontline? (1 Viewer)

fantasia

HSC
do you think i can use the truman show as a related text for frontline? it does involve the media.. and truman isnt told the truth.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
it would be a great related text.. but the problem is its on the syllabus for standard english and our teacher advised us not to do texts on the syllabus as related materials.. im not sure why though maybe cuz the markers will be seeing the same text over and over then mark u a bit harder?
i was going to do josie and the pussy cats which kinda covers the same things.. the guy in charge of their group put subliminal messages into their music so everyone likes it... its like they create this little world for everyone and dont let them have a choice in what they like and dont like..
but yeh personally i wouldnt use the truman show

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I think there's actually a rule where you can't use texts you may have studied in other classes.

I know for Drama monologues for example, we can take a monologue from anywhere we want, apart from texts on any syllabus (that means even for other subjects)...and that's a BoS guideline etc

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah check first that you can use it( check with the teacher, since it was on the hsc list) and then yeah, it would be great if you can

fantasia

HSC
but the truman show is for the standard course and telling the truth is an advanced course.

So do you think you would be able to use it? i havent studied it, because truman show is only studied in standard english.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
fantasia said:
but the truman show is for the standard course and telling the truth is an advanced course.

So do you think you would be able to use it? i havent studied it, because truman show is only studied in standard english.
yeh but its an unfair advantage if someone uses a text which has a bunch of study guides written on it compared to everyone else who had to analyse something on their own..
if i were you i wouldnt use it.. judging by the other posts im sure my teacher isnt the only one who thinks that..
theres a list with a whole heap of other related texts as a sticky at the top of the board :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)