Truman Show Related Texts (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I'm having the same problem mate.... let us know If you find any

flubber

hey my related text for the truman show was the matrix
its really good, you can relate the illusion vs. reality concept to the two of them
if you need any help let me know

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol. Our teacher chose our related material - we did Dolly Magazine of all freaking things - (promoted body image etc., exploiting famous people for money), but we thought about leading a rebellion to do the matrix.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
flubber said:
hey my related text for the truman show was the matrix
its really good, you can relate the illusion vs. reality concept to the two of them
if you need any help let me know
heh yeah im using the matrix for my journeys thing.. good for any of them.. im doing physical. I thought u had to do stuff on like reality stuff... like u had to use a real situation and show how the media exploits the image of that country, person etc

jillybean

jillybean
HSC
we did pleasantville, leunig and a benneton thingy, i also thought the other day that you could use shallow hal and maybe a reality tv show like big brother, but not sure bout that, ull have to check with your teacher. l found this the hardest topic to find related texts for.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Last year i did the terrorist attacks in America. I showed how the media manipulates us. Which is sort of the same aspect as in the turman show.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Friends! Comrades! Anglo-Irish! I prepose an end to this ignoble drizzle chit-chat and a new dawn, indeed, A RENASSIANCE in Tru-talk.
Allow me to begin,
Peter Weir made the movie...the 3 worlds = Seahaven
Viewer's homes
Omnicam ecosphere
...as Truman finds truth, he is revealed as dark and tragic, sybolised in the IMAGE of his black costume in the final sequence, a contrast to the bright background...
Discuss! Disagree! Love! Cry! HAZAAR!

trekkie

HSC
becstewart said:
Does anyone know any related texts for The Truman Show
I really need help
Hey, we used the scene in the matrix when Morpheus is expliaining the 'reality' of the world to Neo, and the film clip+lyrics to J.Lo's Jenny From the Block

tractor_chic

HSC
N/A
a really good one to do is the television show Frontline, in particular the episode called The Seige. Its good cuz it manipulates the audience like in the Truman Show so you can link it really well.

Batch_KG

Related TEXTS for truman

yeah, i found it very difficult to find ORT's on Truman

but I found 2 films that are excellent and relate to Truman

the first is : Pleasantville

the other is : ED TV

the problem is, both these texts are films, and so is Truman. Is it a requirement to have a range of texts for eg: Film, Book, Poem etc etc

????

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I maintain that it's contrary to the unit to include quotes from the film. Why would you need quotes to show how image shapes meaning? surely that's contrary TO THE TOPIC

essie

truman material

hey i did and am using an article about the television show big brother and a doco that was on a couple a weeks ago about a growing baby... yes yes sounds weird but hey there both good... ill try and scan the article for all of you

tashywa

becstewart said:
Does anyone know any related texts for The Truman Show
I really need help
Yes i do, The Painting by frida Kahlo called, the Broken Column, and the George Bush photograph, But i think it depends on which school you go to...

Dut_Atem

i like but.....

Iron woman said:
Friends! .....
.....Peter Weir made the movie...the 3 worlds = Seahaven
Viewer's homes
Omnicam ecosphere
...as Truman finds truth, he is revealed as dark and tragic, sybolised in the IMAGE of his black costume in the final sequence, a contrast to the bright background...
Discuss! Disagree! Love! Cry! HAZAAR!
Why is Truman dark or trajic wouldn't u have to back that up anyway

Marie-Paule

tashywa said:
Yes i do, The Painting by frida Kahlo called, the Broken Column, and the George Bush photograph, But i think it depends on which school you go to...

hey can u explain how thats related to the rubric because i dont get it and i need related material...her paintings are interesting but i dont understand how its related to the rubric :( thankyou

danno

im using a picture from the sydney morning herald, and the pink floyd song "wish you were here"

i'll probably change the lyrics as i go :) one of my friends made up a fake metallica song while he was in the exam as a related text.

AJohnston1121

HSC
i'am using a Clipping from a newspaper and Fahrenheit 9/11.

Fahrenheit 9/11 shows sooo much image! *cough* Propaganda *cough*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)