Truongs Maths Tutoring, any comments? (1 Viewer)

Zenbon_sakura

HSC
Re: Truong's tutoring, any comments?

lol just change around, I changed tutors like 5 times before I found a good one LMAO LMAO :spam:
Truong's tutoring is ok i guess... but not for me lol.. im there to improve my mark, not another mom lecturering me!:hammer:
" dont dye ya hair! dont do this! dont do that!" - Truongs

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Truong's tutoring, any comments?

lol just change around, I changed tutors like 5 times before I found a good one LMAO LMAO :spam:
Truong's tutoring is ok i guess... but not for me lol.. im there to improve my mark, not another mom lecturering me!:hammer:
" dont dye ya hair! dont do this! dont do that!" - Truongs
*Shrugs*
Oh I see, your in year 9.

Blushii

HSC
Maths isn't very good from what i've heard, my friend has trouble with it and is too intimidated by truong to ask LOL. Its more of a tutor where they selectively take in all the smart kids, and if you dont perform well you get the boot. Its not actually a " we'll help you improve" tutor imo.

But english is, THA BOMB.

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
Maths isn't very good from what i've heard, my friend has trouble with it and is too intimidated by truong to ask LOL. Its more of a tutor where they selectively take in all the smart kids, and if you dont perform well you get the boot. Its not actually a " we'll help you improve" tutor imo.

hahahah fuck so wrong. he has classes that cater for all levels. the only reason why he would take preference on one person from another is the fact one person was more dedicated. he tells you on the very first entrance exam thing he has that, just because you do well in the test, does not mean you well have a better chance of getting in, the test is just used to allocate you in specific class levels. if the stupid class is full you won't get in if you are a poor student, if it isn't you will get in.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Maths isn't very good from what i've heard, my friend has trouble with it and is too intimidated by truong to ask LOL.
"Yeah, I don't understand something, but I'm too scared to ask. Must be my tutor's fault." :rolleyes:

HSC

Is this Diab? How is she? I've heard from some of my friends they don't really learn too much due to class size...?

dp624

HSC
Aerath said:
I disagree, but whatever.
hmm, how come? i think it's part of a tutor's job to be approachable, to promote a good learning environment, not to scare the living daylights out of the kids

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
hmm, how come? i think it's part of a tutor's job to be approachable, to promote a good learning environment, not to scare the living daylights out of the kids
OK, maybe in Year 8/9 (and especially when he was at Canley Heights), that may have been true, but I think he's become less 'agro' since moving to Fairfield. Especially with his Yr 11 and 12 classes.

Fri3d_ChuckuN-

HSC
Re: Fairfield Troung's recommendation - English

lol vincent.

tipps > truongs

accept it man, it's a formula in 4U as well - ask truongs himself.
Wow man you've messed up that formula

tipps < truongs for maths
and for english I don't know but the english staff at tipps are the best!!!!

WEMG

HSC
Hi, planning to enrol now for year 11 for 3u and going on to 4u next year. Who do I contact to enrol?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

I don't understand why people say that. When I had a problem, I always put my hand up and sir would always stop and explain a concept if I didn't get it. He even sometimes would ask certain individuals if they were sure they got the concept before moving on. As long as you don't ask a really stupid question, sir will answer it.

Also, with the improvement bit, I highly disagree. My maths in Year 9/10 when I started was just above-average, however thanks to sir (especially in Year 12) my maths dramatically improved.

Referring to the above formula:

Truong > Tipps - Maths
Diab > Any other english teacher.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: Term Papers

In response to some views expressed in other threads:

lol omg

I'm starting chem at peak :haha:

also, is Nathan the one that does med?
my friend is in love with him
lolol
Yeah, Nathan is the Med one. Nathan and Caroline do Med, Yen does Pharmacy, Steven and I do Law.

I heard the owner at Truongs/PEAK is the biggest jerk off. Correct?
Truong can be intimidating. He's quite nice once you get to Year 12. Just don't get on his wrong side, and do your homework. And be respectful, of course.
Peak Head tutor is generally quite nice though.

Truongs makes you bow down to every teacher inside tutor and outside tutor (on the streets for example).
Nothing wrong with this in my opinion. Just a traditional sign of respect. That being said, as a teacher, I was never one for the whole 'Sir' or bowing thing to me and the students just called me by name.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't understand why people say that. When I had a problem, I always put my hand up and sir would always stop and explain a concept if I didn't get it. He even sometimes would ask certain individuals if they were sure they got the concept before moving on. As long as you don't ask a really stupid question, sir will answer it.

Also, with the improvement bit, I highly disagree. My maths in Year 9/10 when I started was just above-average, however thanks to sir (especially in Year 12) my maths dramatically improved.

Referring to the above formula:

Truong > Tipps - Maths
Diab > Any other english teacher.
I guess so but I go TIPPS and I regularly beat some of my friends that go Truongs. But, different individuals would gain more from a certain tutor than another.

HSC
N/A

In response to some views expressed in other threads:

Yeah, Nathan is the Med one. Nathan and Caroline do Med, Yen does Pharmacy, Steven and I do Law.
LOL. I thought so.
My friend would obsess over him quite a bit
somehow managed to show me a picture of him+footage of him dancing and asking some chick out to year 12 formal :haha:

oh dear

such_such

HSC
Truongs is freaking awesome. Especially Mr Mai. He is the most funniest teacher ever! Tutor is like of the best highlights of my week :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

LOL. I thought so.
My friend would obsess over him quite a bit
somehow managed to show me a picture of him+footage of him dancing and asking some chick out to year 12 formal :haha:

oh dear
I'll be sure to pass this along to him. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)