Trying to pick my first car... (2 Viewers)

Zazo

Pharmacist :)
On earth, on a huge island, in the best city, Sydn
HSC
Uni Grad
S1M0 said:
Hey guys, i'm gonna be able to get my L's soon, and i was thinking of a car to get for my 16th :)

Okay, here's the conditions
  1. Its gotta be under 10k
  2. It should have a decent bit of power on it
And here's my perferences
  1. A rotary engine, preferably
  2. Should be easily modifiable
  3. Should be comfortable
  4. Should be fairly reliable
And if possible
  1. Should be fairly fuel efficent
Any suggestions? I was thinking CRX, but yeah..

Hi, well how about u get a Porsche Boxster, i just love Porsches LOL i no i no they're way more than 10k how about 100k yeah just wanted to make my point hope u like it ! seriously how about u get a Subaru RX like everyone is saying its a cool car :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Uh.... why would your first preference be Rotary Engine?! If you get rid of that preference, there'll be much more cars you can choose from...

lengy

HSC
If you're after rotary the only choice you have is Mazda. RX-7 FC, or Cosmo with 20B.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
the only new car i know that costs like 10 g would be the ford ka (do they even sell them anymore..) its awesome.

because if you say it really fast, it sounds like fucker. :)

(its fuel efficient too.. thats basically it though.)

lengy

HSC
it's also full of fail when truck drives into you.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Uncle Jonny said:
god...idiot...he was joking...

and besides, a WRX is turbo-charged. You won't be able to drive it once you get your P's.
realised.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
how about this,

price: 10-15k

not too old, max 10yrs but would prefer atleast year2k+
manual or auto, dont care

not a shitbox, something that has a bit of grunt and fun to drive.
something that would be cheap to do up [performance]
i heard that done up cars[visual] go for aloy cheaper than they money that was spent on them, if you can find one with a bodykit and rims and so on thats bonus points

illawara area[2500], but if its a good bargain i dont mind driving to sydney to get it.

edit: how does this look?
http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/F...ds/detail.aspx?id=2654941&pg=1&pp=12&d=0&nv=1

Last edited:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
pretty good, but then again its a ford. :)

lol,yeah i'm being heaps picky and everything. I'll probably just drive my parent's car and let it be at that.

Pace_T

HSC
for bout 10g u can get a early 90s model subaru liberty turbo rs (called something like that) which have a lot of balls, ej20 wrx engine in it i think

CieL

HSC
Great... let's stick a kid who's scared of trashing his parent's car into a turbo car...

Hey S1MO, what do your folks drive anyway?
Only if it was something over-priced that I'd consider buying a crummy car to learn in..

Not to mention that you'd have to [well, not HAVE TO.. but better if] pay insurance on that 10g car.. even more if it's high performance.. and omg, ageeeee and experience?

Heh.. some punk rear-ended me in his "new" S15.. his excess was $2.5k lolololol he was PLEADING me to not go through insurance X]

HSC
do not touch a type R civic if you want comprehensive insurance they will laugh at you! just change the engine to a b16a or something equivilant

my 98 civic excess is like i think $500 or $1000, and the premiums only $1200. really good price! (under parents name me as nominated driver)

CieL

HSC
Man.. we're talking to someone who hasn't got their Ls yet..

CieL

HSC
S1M0 said:
Hey guys, i'm gonna be able to get my L's soon, and i was thinking of a car to get for my 16th :)
Did you get all excited about driving when you were going to turn 16?

I know I did...

But I guess he's over-doing it...

HSC
i suppose, driving on Ls is like really annoying. i just hate the idea of having to have someone with me! plus even if youre speeding on your Ls people over take you and cut you off

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
its because learners really cant drive that well, they take too long at roundabouts, they take 2 long to get going they usually drive like 15kms under the speed limit, never go through yellows and if something unexpected happens, i would prefer it happen whilst iam infront of the learner rather than behind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)