Tsfx (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Re: TSFX Summer School

It really depends on the lecturer you get that determines the quality of the lecture.

The notes are good and explain the main concepts well but a by no means comprehensive.

Unless you have really bad teachers and no direction/idea whether you're being taught the right things then there's no point going, unless you have money to spend and want some "expert" advice.

Deathless

HSC
Does anyone know if its good or bad?

According to the brochure our school teacher is one of the lecturer and he is quite good... but I thought out school had a policy where the teachers can't tutor other students?

Is this a dodgy place/scam?

Tofuu

HSC
i think teachers can tutor other students, they just can't tutor their own students

i've never been but it looks pretty decent

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
teachers can tutor other students, they just can't tutor their own students
+1

Depending on the lecturer you get the lectures can be good, the notes are good and explain the main concepts well but they are by no means comprehensive and need a lot of work. However if you're lucky you'll get a HSC senior marker like i did who can give you lots of tips ^^

I'd suggest using the money you would spend on TSFX to hire a knowledgeable tutor/older student in your school to go through the course personally with their notes as they would probably be more detailed :)

Deathless

HSC
HAHA

Its annabackwards

lol

Well tsfx is free, you only have to give a gold coin or soemthing, I'm going to it tommorow so it should be good... hopefully. Else I wasted 3 hrs and 30 mins.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
HAHA

Its annabackwards

lol

Well tsfx is free, you only have to give a gold coin or soemthing, I'm going to it tommorow so it should be good... hopefully. Else I wasted 3 hrs and 30 mins.
Yes it's me :)

Oh is this some sort of lecture? I just assumed the OP was referring to TSFX's summer school/trial preparation program XD

Deathless

HSC
Oh yeah just to help or clarify anything with anyone in the future who go to TSFX. The lecture I went to gave very comprehensive - the best notes ever, in any tutoring. Seriously, the notes are like/better than a textbook in every shape and form.

However, that's the drawback, the notes are the only good thing. The lecture I went, the teacher was shit. Its only that teacher though, because looking at the subjects that they offered, I noticed a few teachers who I know are very good and very good at communication too.

The teacher I had was shit, but he made the notes... so... He's redeemed, but yeah, it was pretty bad teaching but good notes.

mtsmahia

HSC
TSFX Holiday Lectures 2010

Hi Guys,

I was thinking of going to the TSFX lectures this summer holidays.. but ..

in the brochure it says that it will cover the 2 first Modules of Physics and Chem.
In school, weve only completed one. Does TSFX do these modules in full detail, or do they just scan over it ( under the impression that most schools have already done the work at school)?

And also, ive looked around at other threads, but i want to ask- how are the notes ? quality wise and quantity wise?

Thanks ! :D

L3374

HSC
Tsfx!!!

Soo.. Who's gone/going?
And i'm wondering am i wasting my time by going? I've already gone to the Chem sessions and I learnt quite abit but... I literally fell asleep on the third day.
Anyone met new friends? Good place to broadened your views?

OH and I saw this REALLY cute guy too.
He caught me staring.. It wasn't cool.
Neither was the clingy blonde sitting next to him.. >_<

Last edited:

Eddykungfu

HSC
Re: Tsfx!!!

Heyy my mum forced me to go to them every holiday sesh -.- for all my subjects.

was good to meet people, however it varied.

Some lecturers were enthusiastic/good and learnt heaps.. THe others were not as i left 1 hour early :p.

Either way you get a mad stack of notes /question booklets :p.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

I don't have the money for them >_>... I would be interested in attending though. Scan and upload the notes that TSFX provided?

L3374

HSC

I don't have the money for them >_>... I would be interested in attending though. Scan and upload the notes that TSFX provided?
Lol. my school is supposedly "disabled" and therefore I got it for free.
Disabled = any school from the western suburbs.
I feel proud ^_^

Eddykungfu

HSC

I can if you want.. ALthough they are from 2009 :/

I have literally 30 of them -.-

future-doctor

HSC
Hey i went to the chem session as well. It wasn't too bad, the notes are pretty good and we learnt a few exam hints/tips, as well as meeting a few lovely ladies ha. I reckon the last two lectures were the best with Ms.Stockbridge, she cracked a few jokes here and there which made it more interesting and comprehensible. However, the first lecture was absolutely boring, the guy had one of those voices, almost a monotone voice, which put me straight to sleep.

L3374

HSC
Hey i went to the chem session as well. It wasn't too bad, the notes are pretty good and we learnt a few exam hints/tips, as well as meeting a few lovely ladies ha. I reckon the last two lectures were the best with Ms.Stockbridge, she cracked a few jokes here and there which made it more interesting and comprehensible. However, the first lecture was absolutely boring, the guy had one of those voices, almost a monotone voice, which put me straight to sleep.
I ppaid more attention on the first day.. I think more of the excitement from finding the uni for the first time and being all dedicated to my education ><
She was really funny too, especially the comment about not having a life cuz that guy knew the periodic table off by heart.

itsRPHO

HSC

Lol. my school is supposedly "disabled" and therefore I got it for free.
Disabled = any school from the western suburbs.
I feel proud ^_^
Im from the western shit hole ! I didn't hear of this being 'free'. Would have totally went.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)